Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My name is Travis and I'm a novice Ducati owner. I bought a 2011 Ducati multistrada 1200s touring with 23k on it back in Sept of 2018. It's big, beautiful, fast, and loud. It's nice that I already have a Sicilian last name, so I can get away with calling myself a Ducatisti without too much eye rolling.

As for my personal background, I've been riding for 8 years, have done several longer rides, and have owned quite a few different bikes. All of my bikes have been Japanese until the Duc.

My longest ride was a solo coast-to-coast-to-coast ride from Maine to Seattle and back. My shortest ride was 5 feet from my apartment in a snow storm.

So, that's me. Just happy to be here. You're going to see a lot of :confused: from me going forward.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Welcome to you, Travis.

·
comrade moderator
27,333 Posts
Welcome Travis!

If you could take a sec and fill out your location information in the "UserCP", add your bikes to the Signature line...and enjoy the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
It's a story about a boy with a dream. It's ends with a sprained ankle and a trip to the hospital. Not my proudest moment.
Wow, sorry to read that! I smiled when I saw you post about your shortest ride because it reminded me of a Christmas Day ride into a snowstorm. My ride was longer and fraught with peril but it was for a good reason; my HS girlfriend called to let me know my Christmas present was waiting for me at her home.

By the time I got there my jeans were wet and near freezing so her Mom made me stay at the front door. She handed me a blanket then had me remove my jeans which she then put into her clothes dryer. I remained at the front door while I visited with my girlfriend sitting about 12' away while her Mom chaperoned us. :mad:

I left after my jeans were dry. :(

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, sorry to read that! I smiled when I saw you post about your shortest ride because it reminded me of a Christmas Day ride into a snowstorm. My ride was longer and fraught with peril but it was for a good reason; my HS girlfriend called to let me know my Christmas present was waiting for me at her home.

By the time I got there my jeans were wet and near freezing so her Mom made me stay at the front door. She handed me a blanket then had me remove my jeans which she then put into her clothes dryer. I remained at the front door while I visited with my girlfriend sitting about 12' away while her Mom chaperoned us. :mad:

I left after my jeans were dry. :(

Welcome to the forum!
That's hilarious! Although I'm sure it wasn't too funny at the time. Mine was just me trying to get to work. Note to self: call out sick during snowstorms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The winters here are long and the desperation can get real.

Welcome
Too true. I try to ride as much of the year as possible, but Maine living isn't always bike-friendly. As a Bangor rider, I'm sure you would know more than me.

Reactions: tyr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One big reason I am here. Winter mostly stays up in the mountains where it belongs. >:)
I hear that! I've done a lot of traveling and I loved the west coast in the winter. It's funny, though. A close friend of mine is from Temecula and he said he would never move back to CA. He likes having winter and he likes Maine in general. To each their own, I guess. :D

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I hear that! I've done a lot of traveling and I loved the west coast in the winter. It's funny, though. A close friend of mine is from Temecula and he said he would never move back to CA. He likes having winter and he likes Maine in general. To each their own, I guess. :D
Yep. I grew up in winter and don't miss it. Although I'll guess Chicago winter is not as brutal as Maine. :laugh:

·
Registered
195 Posts
One big reason I am here. Winter mostly stays up in the mountains where it belongs. >:)
I've thought many times of moving again (actually moved to Maine from the Bay Area about 7 years ago), but where I am now I get to be the King. Now when it gets bad, I just fly out to see my buddy near LA and rent a bike. He's about 10 minutes from Azusa and ACH.

Then I get tired of all those friggin people...and come home to be King.

Even Southern Maine has too many for me...I like my town of less than 400 people. All my peasants love me.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts