Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so I finally got a chance to ride my 748 again today. this is only the second time I've been on her, after my maiden voyage , my neck muscles were really sore from holding my head up while in city traffic. Today right out of the gate I could feel the fatigue but I pushed through to try and get use to my new bike. anyway I found myself doing a lot of one handed riding to take the pressure of my neck but I found only one thing really effective...speed! I was on a road with a posted speed of 45 and I was just going along and noticed how nice it was to get the wind resistance, totally changed the bike feel. I just sat there and enjoyed it for a few seconds and looked down to see I was pushing almost 80 lol, I quickly came back down and instantly felt the heaviness return. I'm going to have to find some new roads with higher limits I guess because this thing shouldn't be below 70 imo :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I experienced the same thing when I bought my 916 back in '97. Immediately got a ticket for 45 in a 25 zone....couldn't keep the speed down. I also started having bad wrist pain that I never have had before. I considered selling the bike as a horribly uncomfortable street bike - but everytime I took it to the track I fell back in love. I still have the bike, but it only sees track duty. Love/ hate relationship.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
These bikes are deceivingly fast, they just don't rev, but build speed regardless and build it rapidly.
The muscle cramps and fatigue will subside after a few weeks. When I bought my 999 I said to myself why did I buy this thing, couldn't lift my head up, wrists hurt. But after a few weeks I got used to it and I loved riding it again. I made a few upgrades, FBF bars, BCM rearsets and DP comfort seat. The bars made a huge diff. IMO. But never the less your muscles do strengthen quite quickly and adapt. I started squeezing a tennis ball for grip strength again, something I did when I race amateur MotoX and played baseball. This will certainly help your fore arm pump, wrist and finger strength.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts