·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aint a big forum here but I tried...

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
It took me awhile to get used to the yellow sprocket carrier....but yes this is a winner. Stunning bike.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Great looking bike - we need more pics and a list of your mods!

·
Premium Member
12,321 Posts
That's going to be a long list , maybe wait til winter when he has got some time:D I would like to see it along side one or two of those Lamborginis that would be a great photo op IMO I'm guessing that the price of the mods willl be greater than the price of the bike. You don't have to tell doesn't matter .Great piece of work...As said before you didn't Fcuk it up too bad:D:D:D I've enjoyed following you along on your adventure thanks for sharing

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, haven't forgotten just want to show a finished product, and I just ordered full front carbon so every body piece is now carbon, minus the tank, which I can't really justify. Then paint and I'll post here for real:)

If anyone wants to buy me a titanium frame, I'd be much obliged:):):)

Thanks for looking so far.

Parts list...yikes...I'll try. Next yeear will be the small things, titanium bolts, clear anodized for rust, all the detail and longevity stuff...and I gotta add at least one sticker somewhere to make it all racy and whatnot otherwise the hardcores will say I'm being a wimp:) j/k...

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Dammit Shawn,

Get 'er done so we can ogle at more build photos, you know we thrive off of that stuff, right?!! Go on, git back to work now!

DT:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Almost done, and I'm finally happy to post here. I really really really did try LOL:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man!

I'll try to list everything, really didn't do much but over the counter stuff...I will borrow my friend's macro lens and show all the details:)

Shawn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, so......... colourful!

I can't say I love it, but I also can't say I've stared at a 1098s other than my own for so long. Big props! Gotta see more pics.
My problem is I keep thinking "I'll do a shoot when it's done"...but it's never done.

I discovered about $60,000 of improvements today on the internet...so how the heck do you call it finished, know what I mean?

All I know is I really trusted my gut with this bike, tried to make it as beautiful as I could with my personality, giving it 100% etc. knowing the funds would run out.

Someone recently asked me for a list of mods, and I will try here...from memory...and not in chronological order or order of importance.

1) That stupid bolt I almost stripped. Replaced with something out of the plumbing department at Canadian Tire. I think it was brass?

2) ...uh, I forget what else I did. Hell it's a Ducati, so who cares!!!

:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK an ernest gump attempt (I'll list by my favourites in the beginning and trickle off from there):

Front Brakes!!!
-ceramic rotors + individual lines+ Brembo RCS

Clutch
- everything I think?
-Brembo RCS lever
-Fren-Tubo line (same as front brakes)
-EVR cylinder
-EVR slipper

Wheels
-Dymag of course!!!

Rear End
-RAM mag swingarm
- Discaccati full tiny setup from motowheels (calipers and rotor)
-1 under in the front and 1 over in the rear, plus Alth quick change sprocket assembly
-alum subframe from motowheels

Front End
-magnesium full triples
-GPS unit LOLOL...

Engine
-not much!!!
-Leo Vince Ti
-Nemesis ECU
-magnesium clutch cover thingie (why can't I find the alt. cover in mag?)
-some tubed gunk at the head/crank to stop the oil leak LOLOL

Cosmetic
-full carbon body work excluding the tank (OEM but I'm thinking the ETI is in order)
this consists of - rear mono, undertank sides, top, mid, bottom fairings, front fender, V-fairing at the oil cooler. Plus the dash, air/runner covers. I think I'm forgetting something there...
-AWESOME paint by John and Dave Connery, my old bosses. God love them.

Misc.
-Rizoma rearsets
-Rizoma cam belt cover
-Rizoma/Oberon combo for the barends
-the rear light, no clue on the brand
-Rizoma mirror-plug covers which I've butchered numerous times

...I'm probably forgetting stuff

Wanted:

-1/4 turn throttle
-light battery
-cf battery cover
-cf bottom under the exhaust
-cf throttle body connectors
-more lines where appropriate (like the Russells I put on to stop the rubber from burning, the gas tank lines, no pics yet of that...pretty!)
-I want the Sweatband Olivia Newton John wore in Physical to cover my brake reservoir:)

And of course, to dream:

NCR Ti frame,
Marz. front and back susp.
EVR airbox
1098R spec. B&B

No Anodizing. No flames. No frigging stupid add-ons like a hugger which makes perfect practical sense but would add weight! I got a rock up my ass in Quebec because I didn't have a hugger, but that's another story...:)

I'm open to suggestions...well not about huggers but anything else including getting a date!!!

Shawn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A rear hugger will really help the vertical cylinder as well as the rear shock stay clean. The small version weighs as much as a couple sheets of paper. It's a no-brainer IMO, especially when a rock can destroy your shock resevoir.
Ya but you ride a lot harder than me LOL. My problem is I'm of a philosophical bent - "don't do anything to add weight unless absolutely necessary". In my case, it's just a philosophy - the only weight I think I've added (I mean in total) is the GPS mount and I think those gas lines added a few ounces...so adding a hugger just seems anathema to my (admittedly strange) goal...

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
A rear hugger will really help the vertical cylinder as well as the rear shock stay clean. The small version weighs as much as a couple sheets of paper. It's a no-brainer IMO, especially when a rock can easily destroy your shock resevoir.
I don't think that there is a CF hugger for his particuliar swingarm....RAM magnesium, he would have to get one custom made a tap holes for it......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts