Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pull into the Hooters parking lot for this weekly bike event they have over here in Wayne, NJ. I see the riding group that I was meeting up with and as I back the bike up to park and this guy walks over and as I am turning off the bike says to me, "I think that your timing is off" to which I reply "do you mean that clack-clack-clack sound?" He says yes, and then I go on to explain to him the whole dry clutch concept. Just something that i though i would share with everyone.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
got any pictures?

of the venue

·
Señor Member
8,027 Posts
I'm a civilian contractor working on an air foce base. I've had the gate guard ask if my bike might be low on oil. I gave him the "it's a diesel" answer. I wish I had a camera to capture the lost look on his face. Priceless!

·
Registered
602 Posts
"It's a Diesel" is a good one!! I always tell them that my valves need setting! "Diesel" is way better!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
i put the attached sticker onto my charcoal cannister for kicks. without fail, i can spot the other riders squatting down, pointing, then scratching their heads. it's toooo rich. don't have the clackety-clack on the S2R so this will have to do.

S.

Attachments

·
That's "Savant" Not just Idiot!
127 Posts
Diesel is great.
I have said that "I find that it gets better gas milage without oil."

·
Registered
923 Posts
I would tell them that it's the air conditioning that is making the sound. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
DMattK said:
Diesel is great.
I have said that "I find that it gets better gas milage without oil."
That's funny! I'll have to try that line sometime.

My favorite is "I drained the oil out last week and it went faster so we didn't put any back in..." and watch the horror on the faces!!! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
My favorite: "Yeah, I just fed it a Honda..."

·
Registered
828 Posts
I like the A/C comment. My friend (rides a Victory) asked about it before our ride the other day. I told him it's just the dry clutch, etc... Since he's a bud I saved the crack!!

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Strange looks all the time, and then double takes when I pull the clutch lever. Loud clutches saves lives and dogs don't try to give chase.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts