Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crashes are never a fun thing. I try to avoid them like the plague. Sunday just wasn't meant to be one of those days I guess. As I was coming in for a landing, I knew that I should have tried much harder to not crash....because this was going to hurt a lot.

The day started off like a lot of other weekends around my area. A couple of friends call up to see about getting a ride going. Even though it was father's day, I didn't have an issue with it as my daughter is to young to know any better. So off a group of us go to hit up some local roads. Long story short-crested a hill...ended up needing a flight plan as the next thing I know I am at least 15 ft off the ground and coming in hard. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was landing on pavement, but somehow I ended up drifting over into the ditch. That is the last thing I remember until the paramedics got there. Here are a few pics of the damage though.

List of injuries is: T4-T9 Vertebra fractured, right scapula fractured, 2 broken ribs and multiple bones in my face are also fractured. At least I lived I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Crashes are never a fun thing. I try to avoid them like the plague. Sunday just wasn't meant to be one of those days I guess. As I was coming in for a landing, I knew that I should have tried much harder to not crash....because this was going to hurt a lot.

The day started off like a lot of other weekends around my area. A couple of friends call up to see about getting a ride going. Even though it was father's day, I didn't have an issue with it as my daughter is to young to know any better. So off a group of us go to hit up some local roads. Long story short-crested a hill...ended up needing a flight plan as the next thing I know I am at least 15 ft off the ground and coming in hard. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was landing on pavement, but somehow I ended up drifting over into the ditch. That is the last thing I remember until the paramedics got there. Here are a few pics of the damage though.

List of injuries is: T4-T9 Vertebra fractured, right scapula fractured, 2 broken ribs and multiple bones in my face are also fractured. At least I lived I guess.
holy! - just wishing you a speedy recovery! wow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That should buff right out.:)

Glad that you are still able to type, breath, etc. Wrecking is never a good thing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry to hear that man! Glad to see you're still alive. From those pictures it looks like you've got alot of living left to do! Take care. Pray for a speedy recovery!

Is there anything you would've done differently? Anything you can teach us to prevent this from happening to someone else?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow, is that

T4 through T9

or

T4 and T9?

Either way, I'm surprised you are out of bed and typing at the computer. Get some rest man.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
I had a wreck in a car that I should not have lived through. For some reason we live. I hope you have a strong recovery. God Bless.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Glad you are OK. What the hell were you guys doing? Fifteen feet off the ground? I hope that's hyperbole but whatever it was wasn't good. Anyone else crash?

·
Registered
381 Posts
DAMN! That is one dead duc...........you made it--banged up a bit, but alive......The bike can be easily replaced. Best wishes to a speedy recovery....

·
Mr Leakered
8,929 Posts
I have that as a recurring dream/nightmare. I'm sky high on my Duc. And then I wake up.

Get well soon. Listen to the phys therapist, take care of your little girl, and do ride again.

·
Registered
2013 Triumph Street Triple
90 Posts
Is your bike totaled? Just kidding. :D

Do you remember how fast you were going prior to take off?

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Sorry to hear this, looks like you've used up a few of your 9 lives.

As for the bike, it'll polish out. ;)

Actually find it kind of funny that you've put the bike back on the rearstand to keep it 'safe' - although it looks like the rear wheel is the only survivor.

Get well soon.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Holy crap! Speedy recovery man...if you need anything I'm a few miles away in Waukesha! Been there...it sucks but glad you're ok!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts