Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the bike yet, but I'm so desperate to ride that I called up the dealer and asked him to order the optional windscreen for $279 and to have it installed when I pick the bike up (supposedly, sometime middle of this month). Desperation makes us behave irrationally I suppose, considering I'm sure they'll be an aftermarket option available soon and for half the price. I have to say though, and in the configurator, the change to the flow of the bike with the windscreen installed is pretty substantial; I think it's a big aesthetic improvement.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I ordered the same screen as well.. IMO it helps make the instrument cluster “appendage” look more integrated into the bikes design...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the same screen as well.. IMO it helps make the instrument cluster “appendage” look more integrated into the bikes design...
Completely. The cluster looked weird , mostly because it doesn't fit aerodynamically, which in my opinion throws the visuals off a bit. I don't know if it actually will help protect much from wind blast, but it does look awfully nice. I have a clip-on extender for my SuperSport that I can, possibly, add to it in the cold weather months as well.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm told they're currently on back order through "end of july". I agree on this screen being the missing piece. what I do want to see Is someone do it in matte carbon like the Pikes Peak multi screen, so the dash is completely out of view. I'll definitely buy this when it's out, unless a carbon one becomes available.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm told they're currently on back order through "end of july". I agree on this screen being the missing piece. what I do want to see Is someone do it in matte carbon like the Pikes Peak multi screen, so the dash is completely out of view. I'll definitely buy this when it's out, unless a carbon one becomes available.
The windscreen is on back order until july? Hmm, maybe there will be an aftermarket option by then and i could say a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have a tinted Puig one about that size on my Monster. It sits close to the headlight, does not show a gap like that one does. It does approximately nothing for blocking wind, but does collect a few bugs.
I was hoping it might shade the instrument panel because when sun shines on it I can't read it.
Does no good there either, but it at least looks better. FWIW.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Carbon one like the Pikes Peak.... Yes, that would look awesome.. I always liked the Way it looked on my PP... hmmmm, I could define its shape a bit with some small thin white bordering the edges of the fairing like the PP,, than do the same to my solo tail piece in the rear, ( a la v4R) to sort of tie it in front to back... hmmmmmmmm

Reactions: fastrob691

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The windscreen is on back order until july? Hmm, maybe there will be an aftermarket option by then and i could say a few bucks.
I've been calling weekly and yes, unfortunately it hasn't changed on the ETA

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been calling weekly and yes, unfortunately it hasn't changed on the ETA
That's a bummer! Regarding calling weekly, man, I wish I wasn't so passive. I've called my dealer exactly twice since March when all the craziness started to get updates on when my SF might arrive. God knows I want to call pretty much on the hour, but I feel bad. I do wish there was some tracking ability to see where the machine was. How cool would that be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have the bike yet, but I'm so desperate to ride that I called up the dealer and asked him to order the optional windscreen for $279 and to have it installed when I pick the bike up (supposedly, sometime middle of this month). Desperation makes us behave irrationally I suppose, considering I'm sure they'll be an aftermarket option available soon and for half the price. I have to say though, and in the configurator, the change to the flow of the bike with the windscreen installed is pretty substantial; I think it's a big aesthetic improvement.

View attachment 986702
I finally received my windshield.... of course no instructions... any ideas on where the mounting bracket goes? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally received my windshield.... of course no instructions... any ideas on where the mounting bracket goes? Thanks
I was in my local dealer yesterday as my SF had just arrived and one of the accessories I ordered is the screen, apparently you take of the existing cover for the tft screen and mount the bracket there. Post a pic once you have it installed as I have to wait until the 1st of September to pick mine up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got one of these screens no instructions any one fitted one please
Hi Mark,

I fitted mine, purchased from Ducati Nottingham, is a bit fiddly but ok.

1, pop the three rubber grommets into the screen

2, squeeze the two ends of the existing cover on the back of the bikes display and the two ends pop off and fold down, you will see two Allen bolts holding this cover on, undo those and remove along with their two silver top hat washers, keep those with the cover as you will need them if you put it back on in the future. Replace the bolts only with the two shorter Allen bolts and black washers supplied with the screen.

3, Now with the cover off you will remove the black plastic vent that sits under the cover, just pull it up as it's held in by four pegs that push into rubber grommets.

4, unclip the wiring loom from the display so you can see the back clearly.

5, Now you will see three threaded holes in the back, two at the top, one at the bottom, take one of the plain Allen bolts with the integral collar and screw it a couple of turns only into the bottom hole.

6, Get your bracket and feed the dash wiring loom through, then wiggle the bottom of the bracket over the bottom bolt, it takes a bit of doing at an angle but it will go over, then the two top bolts and tighten all three.

7, put the black plastic vent back into place, another fiddly wiggle job but it goes in.

8, Then fit the screen with the three Allen bolts with the dimple pattern and three silver washers.

9, Stand back, light your pipe and admire your handy work.

If you get stuck give me a call, 07940 347235

Cheers, Kirk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its a bit tricky to install as it first seems the little plastic insert at the base of the gauge screen, item 2 in the parts diagram, doesn't seem like it wants to fit. It takes a big of finesse to get it lined up. I think I ended up placing it halfway in while I got everything lined up and screwed down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mark,

I fitted mine, purchased from Ducati Nottingham, is a bit fiddly but ok.

1, pop the three rubber grommets into the screen

2, squeeze the two ends of the existing cover on the back of the bikes display and the two ends pop off and fold down, you will see two Allen bolts holding this cover on, undo those and remove along with their two silver top hat washers, keep those with the cover as you will need them if you put it back on in the future. Replace the bolts only with the two shorter Allen bolts and black washers supplied with the screen.

3, Now with the cover off you will remove the black plastic vent that sits under the cover, just pull it up as it's held in by four pegs that push into rubber grommets.

4, unclip the wiring loom from the display so you can see the back clearly.

5, Now you will see three threaded holes in the back, two at the top, one at the bottom, take one of the plain Allen bolts with the integral collar and screw it a couple of turns only into the bottom hole.

6, Get your bracket and feed the dash wiring loom through, then wiggle the bottom of the bracket over the bottom bolt, it takes a bit of doing at an angle but it will go over, then the two top bolts and tighten all three.

7, put the black plastic vent back into place, another fiddly wiggle job but it goes in.

8, Then fit the screen with the three Allen bolts with the dimple pattern and three silver washers.

9, Stand back, light your pipe and admire your handy work.

If you get stuck give me a call, 07940 347235

Cheers, Kirk
Joined the forum just to say thanks for these instructions. Was guaranteed there’d be instructions with the kit. Why am I so trusting? These made it simple to install.
v/r,
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
How does it feel when riding? Can you feel any difference or is the screen just for looks?
It actually does seem to make a noticeable difference. Hard to believe the small thing works, but at commuting speeds (75-80 mph) the wind on the upper torso is noticeably less and wind noise on the helmet seems less.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts