Discussion Starter #1
S touring version

in Red. If I designed and asked for everything I wanted in a bike

this is how it would have come out. March delivery First one sold

$19,995

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Let me be one of the first to congratulate you. $19,995 + T&L = Ouch! Oh well, its only money, not that I haven't stepped up before for something I wanted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm gonna wait a couple of years.

The Multistrada, albeit a wonderful motorcycle, has a select niche market. It depreciates rather significantly.

I'll fish for one when it's about $10k in the market...

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
I'm gonna wait a couple of years.

The Multistrada, albeit a wonderful motorcycle, has a select niche market. It depreciates rather significantly.

I'll fish for one when it's about $10k in the market...
After seeing bike values tank I'm with you, I don't like buying new.

·
Registered
293 Posts
S touring version

$19,995
Congratulations, I will have the first one over here-put my money down over a year ago. I went to Milan on wednesday and confirmed to myself that the bike was all I hoped it would be-infact more than I hoped in reality.

John

·
Registered
297 Posts
S touring version

$19,995
Im gonna order mine monday. I think Im going with the touring as I want the bags, heated grips. I also want the carbon fiber bits. I guess ill add them on later. Im going black baby!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Im gonna order mine monday. I think Im going with the touring as I want the bags, heated grips. I also want the carbon fiber bits. I guess ill add them on later. Im going black baby!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be ordering mine Tuesday. Black sport model, plus bag kit, heated grips & center stand kit. Best of both worlds!! :)

It's been a really long time since I've actually been excited about getting something. Feels kinda good. Reminds me of when I was a kid. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
After seeing bike values tank I'm with you, I don't like buying new.
There's nothing like the 'smell' of a new bike and breaking it in by yourself. I hate buying second-hand. Don't give a toss about depreciation. I'd rather have a new toy to play with! :D

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
There's nothing like the 'smell' of a new bike and breaking it in by yourself. I hate buying second-hand. Don't give a toss about depreciation. I'd rather have a new toy to play with! :D
That's the attitude! :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone I asked Said Black

Including the dealer who saw it at the show, his daughter, his sales manager,
and 2 customers in the shop.

I love black bikes

We had 2 streetfighters side by side one diamond black and one red

The diamond black is the dame as the diamond black on a mercedes it is
metallic with a slight grey hue.

The Ducati Red just looked better to me

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be ordering mine Tuesday. Black sport model, plus bag kit, heated grips & center stand kit. Best of both worlds!! :)

It's been a really long time since I've actually been excited about getting something. Feels kinda good. Reminds me of when I was a kid. ;)
I wonder if it is better to order a sport model with carbon fiber and add the bags, heated grips and centerstand or a Touring model and add the carbon fiber, if you want both? Any thoughts?:think:

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
That's what I'm thinking "S" than add, heated grips and bags as needed :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
^ a good reason to hold off so you can price them out. I was thinking this same thing. If the bags are $1200 bucks or something you might be better off buying CF later but I have a feeling that the CF beak will be in the +500 range. I'm sure Ducati looked at this and priced items accordingly to bend you over either way. My thought is the aftermarket will be making CF however and it might be a little less to get those pieces after a while as compared to having to buy the DP bags + the heated grips from the factory are always integrated better IMO. Once its out for a while and the aftermarket catches up then we will know.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
heated grips from the factory are always integrated better IMO.
If they are using the same heated grips that they offer as an option for the current Multi, they won't last forever and they will be uncomfortable on the palms when wearing thin gloves!

Problem with the factory heated grips is that the heating elements are embedded in the hard rubber grip material. If you ride enough, you'll eventually wear the grip rubber down and expose the heating elements. Then, if you want to keep the same setup, you have to replace the whole grip assembly and they are not cheap.

I always fit Dual Star heated grip elements on my touring bikes. They are cheap, you stick them to the handle bar and throttle grip and then use whatever 3rd party grip you want over them. I like to ride with gel grips. When I wear the grips out, I just replace them without effecting the Dual Star heating pads.

I dare say that when the factory heated grips eventually wear out, it should be possible to use the existing wiring to just wire in a set of Dual Star elements with standard grips. That's what I'll be doing if I get the Multi 1200 Touring model. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
congrats brother...

S touring version

$19,995
I am a superbike guy getting older and am very interested in this design... I personaly don't know what they are smoking over there, but I love it!

·
Registered
364 Posts
^ a good reason to hold off so you can price them out. I was thinking this same thing. If the bags are $1200 bucks or something you might be better off buying CF later but I have a feeling that the CF beak will be in the +500 range ...

Looking at a couple of close-up pics, I'm guessing the CF beak piece will be way over $500. It seems to extend right back to the rider knee area. And then there is the question whether the CF front mudguard has the extendable rear section alluded to in the promo video - if so, another complicated bit of CF fabrication.

The CF does add a lot of class to the look. But if I go for one of these it will be the S Touring version, with no CF.

My S4Rs does pretty quite well. In a tourer, I don't want pretty - I want something that looks cheap, so that it doesn't attract much attention and jealous people get less excited about messing it up. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im wondering if you will be able to order options individually instead of the packages? Anybody have any guesses as to the feasibility.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im wondering if you will be able to order options individually instead of the packages? Anybody have any guesses as to the feasibility.
Yes, you can order everything separate.

I will probably order the Touring S model as I dont like the beak.

I will ad CF later, but most importantly will add an AFTERMARKET beak as im sure someone will design a much neater one!

I will buy mine with the solenoid operated petrol flap and the tyre pressure monitor options.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes, you can order everything separate.

I will probably order the Touring S model as I dont like the beak.

I will ad CF later, but most importantly will add an AFTERMARKET beak as im sure someone will design a much neater one!

I will buy mine with the solenoid operated petrol flap and the tyre pressure monitor options.
Solenoid operated gas cap, what's that? Tire pressure monitoring option? Where did you get a list of individual options? Any boody have the list with US pricing? Come on Duc Seattle, you must have some info, even if the NY dealers are clueless!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts