Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

781 - 800 of 801 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I’ve always taken my scotch with a tiny splash of water. It opens up the bouquet. Can’t really taste a lot of difference but the nose hit is nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yea... always thought it was probably in my head but it did seem to improve the flavor.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I water the 140 proof bourbon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I found that much over 120 proof (for me) the alcohol flavor buries everything else. I had a shot of George T. Stagg and it was pretty much wasted on me. I always wondered if some water might dampen down the alcohol flavor without losing everything else.

For me drinking good whiskey and beer are not really about getting drunk (I almost never get 'over the limit' drunk on whiskey, and not very often anymore on beer)... so more alcohol is not better unless it brings something with it.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
We all drink for different reasons. Some good (appreciation) Most bad (demons) You have quite the wall of appreciation.

Me? I got turned on to a whiskey out of Chattanooga TN that is my favorite. Dont sneak up on you and is sweet sippin. Cant find it nowhere up in the norff, probably the gawd damn tax man............

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #784
Drinking for different reasons.

That could be a whole new thread. It’s funny how the times I’ve been bummed for what ever reason. You know, for really screwing up like getting married or having kids, those times when I’d really like to get drunk, I can’t. I can drink all night and never even get a buzz.

Those time are far and few between. But when I’m happy as a possum eating shit, having a great time with friends, not even thinking about life in general, like at an ECM. That’s when I get in the F state. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
We all drink for different reasons. Some good (appreciation) Most bad (demons) You have quite the wall of appreciation.

Me? I got turned on to a whiskey out of Chattanooga TN that is my favorite. Dont sneak up on you and is sweet sippin. Cant find it nowhere up in the norff, probably the gawd damn tax man............
When my first marriage broke up (in my 20's) I was drunk nearly every day for a month straight (demons)... I think it probably kept me from self destructing because it let me forget how shit life was for a while.

These days I drink very casually (appreciation)... rarely more than one or two with dinner. Don't like hangovers. But I still enjoy a good beer or shot... just not a case or a bottle anymore.

I like Kentucky for my American hooch... those boys seem to know just how I like it (bit less sweet than TN)

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Right on. I am working towards appreciation one hangover at a time........

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
I make my own.
I buy the white dog mash from KY, then sure it in my own oak barrels.
I have been offered to sell a bottle for $200.
For this batch I used an old Knob's bottle.
It causes women to take their clothes off, and has the smoothest finish.
I make 2 liters at a time.

If I drink in moderation and want it to be as smooth as a woman's butt.

It is that good!

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
The second batch of bourbon I made I wanted to really make unique.
I bought an antique bourbon bottle.
It was from around 1881 from the dig site stuff, it was aged.
I cleaned it up good as new.
I created a label for it and brought it back to life for it's intended purpose.

Wild Bill's Gunpowder bourbon is now sealed for that special occasion.

·
Bon Vivant
10,575 Posts
All the bourbon fanatics will be happy to hear that I've not bought a Single Malt Scotch in 6 months... but picked these up a couple weeks ago... View attachment 977696
We came very close to buying a Vintage house and several acres right across the road from the Four Roses distillery in Kentucky. It's such a beautiful part of the country.

Next summer Candie and I are going to take the Vette to the track at the factory and museum and while we are there we plan on driving the entire Kentucky Bourbon trail and visiting every distillery.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
My mother decided to begin clearing out the basement and my son and I won't over today to help get things moving.

'Here, will you do something with this booze?'
Sure, I'll take it all. (I've learned that's the only way of making progress, even if I just toss stuff in my trash)
'Is it any good?'
Some of it might be. Most probably won't.
'Ok. Do whatever you want'

Very Old Fitzgerald distilled in '65, bottled in '73. Still sealed and in the box.

It is taking a massive amount of intestinal fortitude to not crack it open and have a glass.

If it's worth some coin, I might sell it and give the money to her (not that she needs it). I'd give anything to share a drink with my Dad.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
My mother decided to begin clearing out the basement and my son and I won't over today to help get things moving.

'Here, will you do something with this booze?'
Sure, I'll take it all. (I've learned that's the only way of making progress, even if I just toss stuff in my trash)
'Is it any good?'
Some of it might be. Most probably won't.
'Ok. Do whatever you want'

Very Old Fitzgerald distilled in '65, bottled in '73. Still sealed and in the box.

It is taking a massive amount of intestinal fortitude to not crack it open and have a glass.

If it's worth some coin, I might sell it and give the money to her (not that she needs it). I'd give anything to share a drink with my Dad.
I have some old fitz about that old. The cork had gone bad, and the bourbon became quite thick, but it made it excellent. It was almost like Brandy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
The liquid appears as one would expect. But, I like brandy as well so, .....

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I make my own.
I buy the white dog mash from KY, then sure it in my own oak barrels.
I have been offered to sell a bottle for $200.
For this batch I used an old Knob's bottle.
It causes women to take their clothes off, and has the smoothest finish.
I make 2 liters at a time.

If I drink in moderation and want it to be as smooth as a woman's butt.

It is that good! View attachment 978703

Ummmmmmmm................abba zabba! That's quite the sales pitch. Smoooove like baby's bottom.

781 - 800 of 801 Posts