Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

761 - 780 of 801 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
My son graduated from HS today (officially). He and I went to Columbus a day early and saw some peoples. So, I see there are three threads I need to post to, two dealing with this trip.

One friend is a bourbon lover, as am I. I thought I surprise him with a bottle from Tom's Foolery straight. I've had a bottle a year or so ago and liked it a lot. Met at his house to drop off some books I borrowed last time and took some of my own for him to peruse. And, the bottle.

Him: 'We have time to sample?'
Me: 'absolutely.'

so, we did. after that he say's 'hey, I got this one accidentally and I want you to have it'. having already gone through the 'you didn't have to do that' dance, I simply accepted graciously. and we sampled that one too. I'm again sampling in the comfort of my living room.

on to posting on the racecar thread...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
No, it's not. And, after the 10yo Pig, we had some of his 15 yo (also a straight rye). And then some Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 24yo bourbon. Good lord, I really, really (really) need to win a lottery.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Anyone tried this yet? Flavor is great and it's 100.1 proof.
I've kept a bottle around since I found it when I was travelling to KY regularly. (4-5 years ago)... solid flavor and very nice price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good to the last drop!

To quote a line from The Matrix: “Good for Degreasing Engines and Killing Brain Cells“

A colleague sold me this from a couple of cases he bought on a trip to Virginia a few years ago. If I recall it was around $150.

Saving the last two shots for my funeral.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
All the bourbon fanatics will be happy to hear that I've not bought a Single Malt Scotch in 6 months... but picked these up a couple weeks ago...

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,755 Posts
Plus 1 on Hibiki. MARS is another Japanese distillery, Komagatake is a nice gift. Not sure about availability in the US, perhaps Amazon.
Hibiki is readily available here in the States. Suntory Beam is the parent company. I don't really care for it, myself.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
I’ve always taken my scotch with a tiny splash of water. It opens up the bouquet. Can’t really taste a lot of difference but the nose hit is nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

761 - 780 of 801 Posts