Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

741 - 760 of 801 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
One week, two coworkers, two gifts. I've bought both in the past. I've enjoyed both. A lot. BH is just plain good. By dad has a bottle, my brother in law has a bottle, now I've got another bottle. The Michelone is outstanding. But, I actually prefer OYO's standard (wheat) whiskey. It is outstandingER.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was a long time Bourbon fan, then Scotch. After a few trips to Ireland I have an enormous newfound respect for their potstill craft Whiskey.
The crown jewels could be listed as: Yellow Spot / Middleton very Rare and Middleton Barry Crocket / RedBreast 21yr. The Middleton offerings are the most dramatic and impactful (also the priciest), the Yellow Spot is not unlike a great champagne..like drinking silken sunshine. The RedBreast is the most complex and layered imo. Any would be a wonderful gift and great addition to a serious Whiskey collection.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I was a long time Bourbon fan, then Scotch. After a few trips to Ireland I have an enormous newfound respect for their potstill craft Whiskey.
The crown jewels could be listed as: Yellow Spot / Middleton very Rare and Middleton Barry Crocket / RedBreast 21yr. The Middleton offerings are the most dramatic and impactful (also the priciest), the Yellow Spot is not unlike a great champagne..like drinking silken sunshine. The RedBreast is the most complex and layered imo. Any would be a wonderful gift and great addition to a serious Whiskey collection.

Red Breast is indeed excellent stuff. Wife even likes it. I got her a bottle for Christmas a few years ago and I'm not to touch it.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Here's my 50th. Birthday party tab (on the right, from the Peach Schnapps over - just the dead soldiers) and haul (on the left). I'd say I did pretty well. :)

Before the party we got the cherry floor down in the bar... and one coat of poly - I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out (2 or 3 more coats of poly and it's done):

Attachments

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
Awesome! Thanks.

I discovered a new Macallan. It’s called Edition #2. The only thing better I’d had is 21 and 25 yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

741 - 760 of 801 Posts