Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this will also serve as a FYI for the members on this board. I've been in contact with Kelly Baker, the owner of Kelly Baker Performance Unlimited. I spoke with him on Friday, March 31 and he was supposed to send me a clutch, clutch basket, clutch cover for my 996. He said he would ship it UPS as my bike was in the shop and waiting for parts. I called him on Monday April 3 to confirm shipment. He replies he didn't ship it but would ship it immediately. Friday, April 7 and no clutch. I call him again and he says it came back to him because he didn't put enough postage on the box. (An absolute lie because UPS doesn't take postage) I chose not to confront because by this time I just need my parts. He says He'll ship it on Saturday April 8. It's now April 12 and no clutch. I called him this morning to again confirm shipment. He says he'll call me back later to discuss. No call yet and the business day is over.

Just by coincidence, I talk to the UPS delivery guy at my office today. He states it should only take a day using ground delivery from the zip code he's in to mine. By direction of the UPS guy, I pull up the UPS sight and sure enough, it takes one day from Rosamond, Ca to San Diego, Ca.

Get this, Kelly Baker actually solicits my business for the 6k and 12k maintenance for my 996 during one of the actually I had with him about shipping the parts. That's a set of yoddles!!!!!

Obviously i'm taking my business elsewhere and this is a learning experience I hope I save you guys that read this.

V.Muth

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
FWIW, I just ordered my new clutch from Desmotimes and I had notification of shipment assignment the next day and confirmed shipment, in the facility, three days after that. Now I'm just waiting for the good ol' US mail to get it to me.

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
To add my two cents...I have never heard of Kelly Baker Performance, looking at his site, I would imagine he is too busy taking care of racer's bikes, to pay any attention to a clutch order. I have placed multiple orders with Cogent Dynamics, Motowheels, Speedymoto, Calsportbike and got e-mail notification and parts within a few days. Even if I talk to them on the phone I usually get a e-mail follow up/invoice.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I would have called him on the UPS postage thing, then cancelled my order because he lied. That is no way to do business.

You'd think with the internet, companies/people like this would know better then to tell a bold faced lie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts