Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my '07 SC1000 biposto is in the shop and they're telling me it needs two new fuel injectors. Apparently OEM injectors are over $300 a piece. Are there any lesser expensive options or is this something where I shouldn't fool around with and bite the bullet? Bike is 100% stock.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
99' 996
607 Posts
As posted above they are probably an off the shelf unit if you can figure out what that is. Next question is will the shop install them? If its the dealer probably not, an indy might. But probably wont warranty the work.

·
Registered
99' 996
607 Posts
A quick search turned up a bit of info. They should be green top Weber IW 031, they were also used in the Moto Guzzi California model. I would call RC first, looking at their listing they have two that at first glance look to be suitable for nearly half the price.

Or you could try sending them yours and see if cleaning and resealing would fix them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If your dealing with the stealership bite the Bullitt

Injectors normally don't die especially both @ the same time, I'm betting you've been using Ethonol infested fuel & it's been sitting for awhile & they are stuck leaking or closed or possibly plugged up causing a lean condition either way send them out for cleaning, the best cleaning machine I've found is the Asnu brand cleaning machine not only it cleans injectors it also does flow rates for comparison between injectors.

Again if your dealing with the stealership have fun especially if they allow you to get yours cleaned it's ether not going to fix there diagnosis or your going to find nothing wrong with them embarasing the technition that's throwing parts at it

Injectors all operate the same.
The fitment & programming selected by the engineer determines flow rates, pressure limit & external configuration needed are the only difference

Reactions: chris_f

·
Registered
334 Posts
Send them to Russ Collins in Torrance California and have them cleaned. I had a hypermotard that sat for 10 years and the gas turned to Lacquer. Injectors and fuel pump were clogged. They will give a before and after cleaning performance spec sheet. Cost to disassemble and clean with new o-rings. $57.00 for the pair and a 1 day turnaround.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Check out Harley Davidson, some models use the same injectors and they might be cheaper. You're looking for a Magneti Marelli iwp-162, otherwise known as part 28040151A for Ducati and part 27609-01B for Harley. Also eBay has some new ones for $55.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts