Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Ducati lovers I have a problem with my 2018 V4S. I put SC project slip-on dual CTR pipes on about a year ago and slowly developed a bad surging problem. It's really strange because it is very intermittent and mostly happens when riding home but when it starts it gets worse as i keep riding almost dangerous at times. I have looked at all the normal things to look at ie. vapor lock, 02 sensor, fuel/air mixture ect. and it's not throwing any codes either so I'm really confused. I know I can't be the only one that this has happened to so please help. And yes i heard about the charcoal cans being removed but i don't think this is the problem.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Have you taken it to a dealer to run diagnostics? That’d be a first step. Or ask on a V4 specific FB or forum site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done both and the dealer blames the pipes and does not want to work on it because they are not Ducati approved pipes and SC project says it's the bike causing the problem it is at a different dealer now but it's taking longer than I expected so I was just asking if anybody had this same problem and how they solved it. They said they want to know what the problem is before they re-map or flash the computer and run it on their dyno but the biggest problem is they insist on test riding the bike but it will be very hard to duplicate the problem. So yes i need more advise please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm Jealous of your photo 😆😆😆 very nice !!! No because they can ride it for a few hours and the problem might not replicate it's so intermittent they may never feel what i'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Oh I see. I can't believe they gave you crap about the pipe.

Too bad it's not an easy swap you could put back to oem and bring the bike to them after but it's labor intensive .

But I stall at "I don't think it's the problem" . If you still have the charcoal canister that's the first thing I would do (remove and plug appropriate holes).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I see. I can't believe they gave you crap about the pipe.

Too bad it's not an easy swap you could put back to oem and bring the bike to them after but it's labor intensive .

But I stall at "I don't think it's the problem" . If you still have the charcoal canister that's the first thing I would do (remove and plug appropriate holes).
I told the dealer about the charcoal canister and they said they would remove them to see if that's the problem but again I think that would have happened when I first put them on a year ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts