Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all please do not be put off by my handle, most of the bikes I have owed have been Hondas my last bike was a 2013 Kawasaki ZX10.

I'am thinking of buying a 2012 1199 Panigale s model, this would be my first Ducati and I wondered if you all would tell me what to look for. Thanks

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Pricing dependent upon the mileage relative to major services and if they are performed or wanting. That being because timing belt swaps and valve clearances adjustments are more for Ducatis than bikes with timing chains and sprung valves. If you do your own service work and are willing to learn about adjusting the Desmodronic valve train, it's not so bad.

Always look for closeness and damage around the side stand and front chain drive. Problems with master cylinders can be expensive but would be apparent on a test ride.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Everyone needs a Ducati.

Lmao! I agree!

For what it's worth I had a panigale and have since owned at least 10 Ducati's. The Pani was a love-hate relationship incredible bike punishing to ride. And to be honest I think the pani is the sexiest bike ever made. However I am getting old and prefer a more comfortable riding position I highly recommend a monster a hypermotard or a Multistrada. Took me some time to get there but thought I'd offer my opinion.
If you're not going to track yet you can get a hyper and keep up with anybody on the street.
All of that aside Ducati certainly has its issues but there is simply no substitute in my mind for riding satisfaction.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts