Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just had the cam kit installed on my bike and noticed that the kit that I bought from a third party came with the 2-1 EVO ECU not the cams PWR ECU. Looking to buy the cams ECU for a fair price or trade my 2-1 EVO ECU straight up.

The 2-1 EVO ECU works great for those with an aftermarket exhaust and no cams. It richens the fuel up approx 8%. The cams ECU does 18% if I remember right and so I'm missing some fuel up top to take advantage of the cams!!

2-1 ECU is part # 96518708B (I have)
Cams ECU is part # 96519208B (I NEED)

PM me if you can help.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only hope!!!! It does run stronger on top so I'm 99% sure they are. The guy had a handful of ECU's and I think it just got mixed up.

are you sure the cams you got are the race ones also?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Why not contact the guy and get the ECU you paid for? I don't see how it is your responsibility to source the correct part and be out time/money because of it!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have but it was almost a year ago that I bought the bike from him along with the cam kit. I've left a message and am waiting for a call back, but in the mean time I'm exercising all my options.

Thanks

Why not contact the guy and get the ECU you paid for? I don't see how it is your responsibility to source the correct part and be out time/money because of it!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard to say. If the EVO ECU is 8% richer, is that across the board???? I added 2% more down low, 4% in the middle, and 6% on the top. Hard to say if it's any stronger without having the Mooses bike to race me:eek:

I did notice the spider spring on the slipper clutch is cracked while I was cleaning the clutch plates though. If it isn't one thing it's another..... shit.....:mad:

:abduct:

How'd the PCIII tuning go? Any progress?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, I wish you posted this a week ago. I just installed a cam kit ECU that I bought off eBay. I had been considering looking for a 2-1 ecu instead, as I only have the DP airbox lid and LV cat eliminator with the stock exhuast, so I definitely don't need all the fuel the cams ecu provides. But I was just at the shop this weekend, dropped $80 getting the TPS and fuel trip setup on the new ecu, and I'd hate to do it all over again...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks jay,

Sent you a PM just in case.

Wow, I wish you posted this a week ago. I just installed a cam kit ECU that I bought off eBay. I had been considering looking for a 2-1 ecu instead, as I only have the DP airbox lid and LV cat eliminator with the stock exhuast, so I definitely don't need all the fuel the cams ecu provides. But I was just at the shop this weekend, dropped $80 getting the TPS and fuel trip setup on the new ecu, and I'd hate to do it all over again...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I just confirmed that the guy i bought the cam kit from does not have a cams ECU any more. Bought it almost a year ago so it's not like i can hold the guy to it. Live and learn. SO................ still looking!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well I just confirmed that the guy i bought the cam kit from does not have a cams ECU any more. Bought it almost a year ago so it's not like i can hold the guy to it. Live and learn. SO................ still looking!!
save the money on the ECU and get a PCIII instead and get it setup correctly. if you have a slipon ECU and have the flapper off and no O2 sensor the only difference is a bit of wank on the display and extra fuel and then it will still not be 100%. PCIII would be my first choice in this case

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow.... a month ago there was a glut of the cams ECUs and now there aren't any!!! I guess I'm off to the Dynojet service center to get the PC-III mapped once and for all.

:abduct:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I know several people used the full system ECU wtih the cams and full system and were very happy with the results. One added a PC, the other didn't. Both had not complaints.

Have you had the A/F checked with this setup to see where you are actually at?

I've got cam kit ECUs, but they come with cams unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated. I'm going to have the thing dyno'd and mapped on Saturday and be done with it. Hopefully it will be optimal after that.

I know several people used the full system ECU wtih the cams and full system and were very happy with the results. One added a PC, the other didn't. Both had not complaints.

·
Registered
592 Posts

how much are the cam kits these days? I remember them being $500 biut now they seem over $700?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Why don't you just swap with the guy that has the cam ecu and give him $80 to have TPS and such reset?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
how much are the cam kits these days? I remember them being $500 biut now they seem over $700?
They originally came out at $486! Now they are at a retail of $750. They are still a steal though as you can buy the cams individually with no ECU for more than the this kit or you can buy just the ECU (new) for over a grand!

I almost fell over when I saw the original price. We bought 15 at that price, but should have bought a ton more as they were sold out before the first price increase!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts