Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss my Hyper...........just thought I would let you guys know that....:( I hope she is being treated properly......

Beautiful isn't she........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sold (or stolen)?

Former, I hope.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
You can always buy mine from Pro Italia in Glendale. It's got lots of goodies and I'm trying to dump it fast and cheap. Need space...

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
You know I can always help you fill that Hyper void. :D

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can see how that can happen. I ran into an ex that drove me crazy in an annoying way. Wow she is hot, much hotter then I remember, or was she always that hot? Oops maybe I made a mistake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of selling mine...don't ride it that much, but I am afraid I will really miss it when it is gone. I have always wanted a sexy red Italian, but now that I have one I think I am taking it for granted. I have missed a few cars and bikes after they were gone, but never a woman :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
"Beautiful isn't she........" sure is, can see how you miss her!!

I too had a (very slight) thought of selling mine to add funds to a new house I've aquired... then I end up taking it out maybe only for a few hours around the backroads, hills and bendies... oh dear... not selling this baby!!... just past it's 12th month birthday and it's still about the most fun I've had on a bike.
I'll probably have it in the lounge room as an ornament rather than sell it, a good momento of a bloody good time!
:) :)

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold (or stolen)?

Former, I hope.

It was sold about a year ago now.....I have a pic of it on one of the cabinets in the garage and everytime I look at it I wish she was still in the garage. I have an st4 that I enjoy now but there was something different about the hypo that can't be explained I guess. The st4 with the 4v 916 motor is its own animal and works well for me as it has more capabilities. I can go for long runs, haul 4 gallons of milk and still run the twisties. The hypo was more like a dagger, a specific tool where as the st4 is more lilke a swiss army knife. One of the reasons I loved the hyper was I tend to like the more upright seating position which even with bar riders on the st4 isn't quite what I like. Oh well maybe there will be another one in the garage some day........

Enjoy your hypers everyone..........:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
I use mine for everything, from commuting to deli runs for a gallon of milk to 300+ mile days on weekend trips. I love the ergos, only issue is its too tight for two up, but that trade off is fine with me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i miss my hyper too
she was declared officially gone last week by the insurance lady
one day there shall be another....

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use mine for everything, from commuting to deli runs for a gallon of milk to 300+ mile days on weekend trips. I love the ergos, only issue is its too tight for two up, but that trade off is fine with me.
Yeah, I know it could be an all arounder but I have to say the st4 is one of the best all arounders I have owned. If it had a more upright seating position it would be perfect. Two up is not a huge concern for me but my wife does like to go for a ride once in a while so it must be capable. I know sounds like I need a BMW 1200 GS. I've looked hard at them but just can't do without a Duc in the garage now. I tried it for a while........

Hoping maybe the Strada Aperta will fit the bill otherwise I might have to see if I can talk the wifey into a nice 916/996/998 + a Beemer........that would be about perfect......:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
... I know sounds like I need a BMW 1200 GS. I've looked hard at them but just can't do without a Duc in the garage now. I tried it for a while........

Hoping maybe the Strada Aperta will fit the bill otherwise I might have to see if I can talk the wifey into a nice 916/996/998 + a Beemer........that would be about perfect......:D
you'll enjoy the 1200GS, they're convenient! but you'll need a Ducati for those private moments:rolleyes:
I've had both for about 12,000kms each now and love the ESA, room, large fuel, ease of operation etc etc on the BM, but simply love the option of the Hyper when I can!
must say, the Hyper is so much smoother, I've even toyed the idea of getting a multistrada instead of both, getting the room, the fuel, the part of a hyper that I like... and one service fee....:think:
can't do without them though!!:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am never selling my hyper. Never! And yes, I have other bikes, four other bikes. One bike just can't do it all, just like one surfboard or one golf club....
Got to have a "quiver" of bikes. Dirt bike, sport bike. track bike. sport touring bike. and yes, a Hooligan bike! Just my opinion, and even if I don't ride a bike on any particular day, I still get a nice smile just opening up the garage!

08 Hypermotard S (with mods)
06 Honda CBR 1000rr (Arata, power commander, other shit)
03 Honda RC 51 (Leo vince high mounts, power commander. blah blah, quack quack
04 Honda xr 650 L supermotard (She ain't a pig no more)
06 honda 600 F3 (what a sweetheart!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.