Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm no racer by any means, but I saw this week that I made Roadracing World. The story goes that early in the Facebook days I was doing some social media consulting. When they introduced fan pages, I created a few - for Ducati, for Canon cameras, for apple fritters :D.

In 2009 they contacted me and asked to take control of the page, which I was happy to do. The Ducati employee who led that effort has been excellent to interact with.

The page recently hit 1 million fans ('Likes') and Ducati wrote up a press release - which, surprisingly, mentioned my name. I first saw the press release in Roadracing World's website (via a google news alert).

Story link:
Ducati Reaches 1,000,000 Likes On Facebook News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

Fun quote for me:
Managed by Ducati’s highly successful website, Ducati.com, the company have used Facebook to reach out not only to its long-established European and American markets, but also to an emerging Asian Pacific, apparently full of fans who desire the premium brand’s high performance motorcycles.

Ducati Motor Holding’s official Facebook page first went “internal” in July 2009 when kindly passed across to the Bologna-based company by Pat Loughery, a passionate fan who had first registered the page.

It's a fun way to make RRW, and now the other outlets who've published the press release.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice to be given credit. As a programmer the only time I see my name is when there is a spelling error on one of my screens.

Maxwell

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to be given credit. As a programmer the only time I see my name is when there is a spelling error on one of my screens.

Maxwell
I know! I'm most often a software QA guy, so I usually only see my work when I miss finding a big bug.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts