Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me I don't plan to have a top bag but yet I have a significant other who could appreciate a backrest, so I set out to design my own. I wanted something that didn't take away from the look of the bike yet something functional. I looked at the few ideas folks have had here and expanded on that. I liked Psyco's design a lot but I still wanted something a little different.

What I came up with was an aluminum plate mounted to the bike which will probably stay put but can be easily removed and a backrest that can be removed or installed in a few seconds. I cut slots in the mounting plate for attaching a bag or ?? to the backrest and mounting plate for additional storage.

Here are some pics...

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Wow, that looks really clean dood. Nice job!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

The girlfriend says it fits perfectly and adds a feeling of security. The backrest has one adjustment forward if needed too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow. Wish I had that kind of talent. Somebody knows their way around the machine shop. Nicely done.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. Wish I had that kind of talent. Somebody knows their way around the machine shop. Nicely done.
I designed it and drew it but had it cut on a water jet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since it is already drawn and in the computer, it is easy to cut another one if someone is interested.

·
Registered
504 Posts
:think: I would never put a thing like that on a performance Ducati, never...:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lovely!!! good job !!! nice !!! .....

are we looking at the same thing ?? putting that on a chopper might be passable ... but on a duke :eek::eek::eek:.... narrrr not for me

not bad workmanship though:):)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The back rest I purchased but the mount I designed and made. The mounting plate costs $95 complete ready to install.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Good job. Is the back rest itself just a piece of aluminum with some foam pr padding with a cover over it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good job. Is the back rest itself just a piece of aluminum with some foam pr padding with a cover over it?
The back rest is 1/4 inch stainless into a thick plastic form with marine grade padding and cover.

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
Looks good!
I´d be intrested in a set if your willing to make one and ship to Sweden. PM med incl shipping and I´ll pay through paypal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good!
I´d be intrested in a set if your willing to make one and ship to Sweden. PM med incl shipping and I´ll pay through paypal.
Sent you a PM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts