Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to try my hand at making a handful of t-shirts for my upcoming trip to Deal's Gap (National SV Rally), and here's one that I made. Used on of my photos for the back, with the "history of Ducati" overlaid. Didn't turn out bad for my first try, although I don't think it'll hold up too well once I start wearing and washing it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I rode Deals Gap last year for the first time. There are other roads in that area that are really great to ride, so there is no reason to go just for the Dragon, but since I was in the 'hood I figured I should do it just so I could say I had. It was a Thursday. Turned out it is a great road and worthy of the hype...no traffic and a blast to ride. So good I did it both directions that day and then returned again on Sunday...big mistake. The road was littered with those other V twins all going about 15 MPH and dragging their floor boards at that. Most would let you pass but eventually I came up behind a dude who wasn't going to pull to the right for any crappy red Italian import bike. He was pushing real hard... I was riding with one hand off the bars in first gear. He finally lost it and swung WAY wide in a tight right hand turn and off into the other lane. Lucky for him there was no oncoming traffic but it scared him enough he pulled over and let me by. So have a great ride and avoid the weekends!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Decided to try my hand at making a handful of t-shirts for my upcoming trip to Deal's Gap (National SV Rally), and here's one that I made. Used on of my photos for the back, with the "history of Ducati" overlaid. Didn't turn out bad for my first try, although I don't think it'll hold up too well once I start wearing and washing it.

Very Cool! How did you do it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice job! I used that 80s race logo to make shirts as well. It's is my fav.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode Deals Gap last year for the first time. There are other roads in that area that are really great to ride, so there is no reason to go just for the Dragon, but since I was in the 'hood I figured I should do it just so I could say I had. It was a Thursday. Turned out it is a great road and worthy of the hype...no traffic and a blast to ride. So good I did it both directions that day and then returned again on Sunday...big mistake. The road was littered with those other V twins all going about 15 MPH and dragging their floor boards at that. Most would let you pass but eventually I came up behind a dude who wasn't going to pull to the right for any crappy red Italian import bike. He was pushing real hard... I was riding with one hand off the bars in first gear. He finally lost it and swung WAY wide in a tight right hand turn and off into the other lane. Lucky for him there was no oncoming traffic but it scared him enough he pulled over and let me by. So have a great ride and avoid the weekends!
I go every year. And while I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as locals in regards to traffic patterns, "good" roads, "bad" roads, and the ins and outs of the area, I feel I have a decent grasp on what to expect every year.

We go for the full week, which allows unobstructed "runs" of 129 from Monday to Wednesday mornings, as well as rides up 28 from Fontana to CROT with nary another vehicle in sight. When Thursday rolls around, it's time to head to Great Smokey Mountain NP, Cherohala, Blue Ridge, Blood Mountain, Walhalla, or any number of other roads in the area which beg to be ridden.

Better yet, hang out at the cabin and enjoy the fact that I'm not on the phone, sitting in traffic, running up and down stairs for parts, pushing a broke down Harley into the van, or any other unpleasantness that comes from the everyday grind. Sit on the deck, stare at the trout pond with a cold Cream Soda in my hand, and love being me.

It's impossible to avoid stupid out there. I see it every year. Nothing surprises me anymore. So when I hear peoples stories of their experience, I usually just politely nod and smile.

:D

Very Cool! How did you do it?
Well, I'm glad you asked.

First, pick up a t-shirt in your favorite color. I chose what was in the discount bin at Target.

Iron out the shirt so it's flat, and void of any moisture that might be in it.

Next, print your design or text onto your choice brand of iron-on transfer paper. Let the ink dry, and cut out the design/text as close to the letters as you can. Place the design/text on your shirt. Remember: Text must be printed backwards, so that it will iron-on forwards.

Set the iron on the hottest setting, and press the design/text onto the shirt, keeping the iron moving at all times. Small sections take about 30seconds of ironing. Full 8.5x11 sheets take up to 3 minutes.

Once you've ironed on the design/text, hang up the shirt so it can cool. Wait about 3-4 minutes until the paper and shirt are cool.

Next, grab the corner of the paper, and slowly peel back the paper to reveal your design/text. If it's cooled properly, it'll come off easily. I have yet to have the design/text not stick to the shirt.

Finally, wear your shirt proudly, sticking it to "The Man"!

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts