Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I ride my 1100S the more I like it... had one of those in-the-groove rides yesterday where everything seemed perfect, it just flowed, 75km of winding mountain road that I know like the back of my hand, late season so almost zero traffic, foliage at its' peak. And the bike... just sublime, does everything you ask of it and more. I put a set of hand guards on in anticipation of doing a bit of offroad a month ago, and found out they keep your hands a lot warmer than without too! Ducati sure got it right with the Multi in my book. Not looking forward to putting it away for the winter. 8-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome. I'm in Ontario and just picked up a used Multi but haven't had a chance to go on a good ride yet. It's a funny time to buy a bike so I bought some heated gear so we'll see how it that helps.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I'm in Ontario and just picked up a used Multi but haven't had a chance to go on a good ride yet. It's a funny time to buy a bike so I bought some heated gear so we'll see how it that helps.
Great time to buy a bike, prices are lower than in the spring. I found that heated grips made more of a difference than I ever thought they would... my hands definitely get cold first and the heated grips really extend how far you can ride in comfort when it's below 10C no matter what gloves you're wearing. I don't have one, but I am considering a heated vest as well, I hear they're the cat's meow.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Multi is perfect on winding mountain roads. Enjoy. I recommend a heated jacket rather than a vest. The Multi puts a lot of wind on your arms. You will appreciate the extra protection of the full jacket. I have a Warm and Safe 100 watt jacket with the remote wireless controller. Works very well.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Great time to buy a bike, prices are lower than in the spring. I found that heated grips made more of a difference than I ever thought they would... my hands definitely get cold first and the heated grips really extend how far you can ride in comfort when it's below 10C no matter what gloves you're wearing. I don't have one, but I am considering a heated vest as well, I hear they're the cat's meow.
I have a heated jacket liner which is much better than a vest as your arms get heated also. Got the Gears Canada brand. Relatively inexpensive and works well. The dual rheostat is a must especially if you intend to pair it up with heated glove liners or boot warmers.

http://www.gearscanada.com/heated-c...n-x-3-men-s-warm-tek-heated-jacket-liner.html
http://www.gearscanada.com/heated-c...ries/gen-x-3-dual-temperature-controller.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a heated jacket liner which is much better than a vest as your arms get heated also. Got the Gears Canada brand. Relatively inexpensive and works well. The dual rheostat is a must especially if you intend to pair it up with heated glove liners or boot warmers.

http://www.gearscanada.com/heated-c...n-x-3-men-s-warm-tek-heated-jacket-liner.html
http://www.gearscanada.com/heated-c...ries/gen-x-3-dual-temperature-controller.html
so cheap ! are you happy of it ?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
@efixe
I was out tonight on a borrowed Multistrada riding and meditating in 7c. Setting was near max although it may have been too hot. BTW, that was with the heated liner under my perforated leather jacket. You can actually ride very comfortably in lower temperatures such as near freezing by simply adding your rain jacket over both to cut the wind and retain the heat. Also puts your rain gear to new use.

Reactions: efixe

·
Registered
54 Posts
@efixe
I was out tonight on a borrowed Multistrada riding and meditating in 7c. Setting was near max although it may have been too hot. BTW, that was with the heated liner under my perforated leather jacket. You can actually ride very comfortably in lower temperatures such as near freezing by simply adding your rain jacket over both to cut the wind and retain the heat. Also puts your rain gear to new use.
fantastic, heated gear are definetly on top of my shopping list

thanks for the feedbacks bud. ride safe !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts