Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a quick trip up the 33 out of Ojai on Sunday to start breaking in my new Storm Trooper suit. The road is in near perfect condition and the day was gorgeous. On the way back down I met a guy snapping some shots and got him to shoot a couple of me.

Unfortunately it's hard evidence that my lines (probably not just this corner) suck. :eek: Knowing is half the battle, right?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Unfortunately it's hard evidence that my lines (probably not just this corner) suck. :eek: Knowing is half the battle, right?
Nice pics and yeap your suits looks new .... time to cover it in bugs which I am sure you will.

Some good advice for road riding, always lean into the middle of your lane on corners.

So by that for you fullas that ride on the wrong side and on a std two way road, ride in left hand wheel track of the right hand lane for straights, when hitting a right hand curve ride in left hand wheel track of the right hand lane and when hitting a left hand curve ride in the right hand wheel track of the right hand lane.

By doing this you are increasing your arch on the corner thus increasing your speed and you are always leaning into the center of your lane and hopefully NOT getting close to oncoming traffic that may be taking it wide of hugging the center lane.

If you know the road very well and can see through the twisties then take the racing line but the above advice is good to learn from and very useful for general riding / hooning.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very nice pics! It's amazing how those little red stripes on the forged wheels
just pop out you, esp on a black Hyper. Why is it whenever I see these kinds
of shots on a nice,twisty road, it make me wanna get out and take a ride? :D

Also, seeing these photos made me realize what a rarity a closed clutch cover
is on this forum... so few here seem to be able to resist changing that thing,
and every one is different from the rest... which makes the stock one a novelty,
if that makes any sense!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, seeing these photos made me realize what a rarity a closed clutch cover
is on this forum... so few here seem to be able to resist changing that thing
Actually, mines not totally closed. I took out the little rubber gasket :D Not quite ready to go full open as I still wear shoes with laces while putting around town.

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
The 33 is one of my alltime favorite roads! I always do a couple of laps on the section of the 150 east of Reeves Rd. and west of Dennison park.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was born and raised in the Santa Paula/Ojai/Ventura area. The 33 is the first road I ever rode a motorcycle on. Then I found the 58, and my life changed forever. And by the way, I don't think there ARE any proper lines on the 33 - depending on the gravel and crap that can get strewn about, you ride where you can....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Funny, I live on South Mountain Rd in Santa Paula and plan on heading up the back way on the 150 today then meeting a friend from SB for lunch at the Deer lodge. We should all hook up there sometime. Once I have the larger tank on, I plan on doing the loop thru Lockwood Valley Rd to Cerro Norroeste and back..dont think that there are any gas stations on that route. Enjoy!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
a bunch of us rode thru the 33/Cerro Noroeste Rd. on our way to HWY 58 over the weekend....like another has said, it is highly recommended offering some astonishing views at the top.

Da_Bull....you were missed amigo.....i took HWY 154 on the way back and agree with you that it's one of the most scenic stretches of road here in so cal. Hope you're well.

peace

·
Registered
260 Posts
Made it to the Lockwood turnout, hardly a car on bike on the road..nice to get to go mid week, great day. Just a few gravel spots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts