Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I just picked up my ST2 at the shop from it's routine service today (valves, fluids ect.) I also had them install a DP lightweight flywheel with Nichols jam nuts for added security and a STM lightweight alloy Evoluzione 48 tooth basket clutch. I have had only one ride thus far on it and it runs "da bomb."

I did however notice that the STM clutch is MUCH QUIETER than the stock Duc unit...almost wet clutch quiet! The 48 tooth basket give 4X the amount of contact area between the plates and basket (vs the traditional 12 tooth basket) so there is less rattling around...much less "raka taka taka."

I really like the way the engine responds to throttle changes now, and I like the fact that the 48 tooth basket will last longer and provide longer life of the clutch pac but it will take some getting used to now that my dry clutch Duc as been silenced...so to speak. Shhhhh...Here's the quiey baby. It's vey nice! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Raka Taka Taka is Backa!

OK, a little update on the 48 tooth STM clutch unit...after some miles logged on the ST2, the clutch has loosen up a bit. My dry clutch "raka taka taka"...is "backa"...LOL. Not loud mind you, but I have my dry clutch sound again. No offense to you new model wet clutch guys, but I just love the sound of a dry clutch... really I do! "Hey buddy, somethin' wrong with yer bike?... it sure is makin' alot of noise!" Hee Hee Hee! :p

PS...Granted the STM clutch is new, but it feels great with no chatter or moans, and the bike spins up quite nice now with the new clutch/flywheel combo. I'm happy. :D

Cheers

Thomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.