Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from NJMP Lightning course with the Hyper. I was having problems with the Brembo master cylinder on my track RC so I had no choice but to bring the Hyper or lose $199. First, let me say the Hyper commanded stares from nearly every onlooker which is quite the compliment since there was a bike contest, a 1098R, a D16RR, 2 Streetfighters, BMW's new S1000R and 2 MV Agustas in attendance. Jason Britton and his No Limit Stunt team were there doing stunt shows and signing autographs.

The track:

While not very technical, Lightning is a fast track with an uncorrected 170 mph on the straight possible for the late brakers! It's not the track for a motard or even a pseudo-motard but it's all I had. The Hyper, however, performed brilliantly, I was able to pass both my buddies on GSX-R 1000s in the corners and since it's a twin, I could get back on the power sooner and get a great drive coming out of the "bowl" and keep even the 1000s in sight. The Hyper's low end torque with a 14 tooth sprocket and the Termi 2:1 race kit allowed me to shoot out of slow corners and pass riders with little effort.

The Brembo monoblocks are unreal! Any speed I lost down the straight was erased once I clamped down on the monoblocks. I spent three sessions figuring out where to set the lever adjuster because they really are too powerful for the Hyper. When I say powerful, it's like God himself reaches down and squashes you like a bug into the track! All forward momentum just stops! They bite so hard that I could skip braking markers 4 and 3 and was about a bike length away from any rider who passed me before we hit turn 1! Then, take a tighter line into turn 1 and make the pass coming out.

Oh yeah, I never touched down any of the Hyper's hard parts! Hats off to Mr. Terblanche for designing the Hypermotard!

Pics to follow!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Some of my friends went to the Ducati club track day last week and loved it. We have a few more planned for the summer at NJMP and I will use the Hyper. Hope to see you there. Tom

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have never been on a track yet but I'm taking a advanced riding clinic in September and hopefully will try my luck at it by next season. I was checking out this track day club called NESBA. They seem to go to NJMP once a month
When I get my act together I'm thinking about checking them out. They say you get some free track time for checking them out if I read it right.

http://www.nesba.com/

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never been on a track yet but I'm taking a advanced riding clinic in September and hopefully will try my luck at it by next season. I was checking out this track day club called NESBA. They seem to go to NJMP once a month
When I get my act together I'm thinking about checking them out. They say you get some free track time for checking them out if I read it right.

I ride with Team Promotion and I'm a NESBA member even though I haven't ridden with them yet. Make sure your suspension is set and have the notes handy. You're going to need to add front rebound and compression!

·
Registered
111 Posts

call and make sure that nesba allows hypermotard. i don't think they do

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
call and make sure that nesba allows hypermotard. i don't think they do
NESBA only allows motards at Summit Point-Jefferson Course, Barber and Talledega.:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
NESBA let me out on the Hyper at Carolina Motorsports Park on Sunday. I had a ball! They have safety concerns about the speed differential on the straights with true motards on the bigger tracks. The bike was great at CMP. They have a wonderful club and the event was very well run. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was therw myself on my Hyper S and had a blast. I was there on Sunday only hanging out with my buddy Jackie from team promotion. That is a really nice complex.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was therw myself on my Hyper S and had a blast. I was there on Sunday only hanging out with my buddy Jackie from team promotion. That is a really nice complex.
How did you like the brakes? I debated about staying for an extra day but the area hotels wanted double their normal rate.:(

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought the brakes were great. I hear that Sunday was a lot less crowded but would have been there Saturday myself if I did not have to work.

I hear I missed the BMW S100RR to.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the brakes were great. I hear that Sunday was a lot less crowded but would have been there Saturday myself if I did not have to work.

I hear I missed the BMW S100RR to.
BMW is claiming 193 hp at the crank!:eek: Hence, it should be competitive with the hp. and tq. figures of the big four. The S1000R's front fairing is definitely different!:alien:

·
Registered
164 Posts
JR I heard there was 3 down in 1 turn(not turn 1 but a turn)? My buddy was there..

Hyper is fun at the track, one of these days I'll visit Joisey again and bring the tards..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I rode both tracks last summer on my racebike (800ss). I have an opportunity to control ride at a Penguin Roadracing School/Ducati trackday in July on T-bolt. Seriously considering taking just the Hyper this time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JR I heard there was 3 down in 1 turn(not turn 1 but a turn)? My buddy was there..

Hyper is fun at the track, one of these days I'll visit Joisey again and bring the tards..
I saw two bikes down in the kink before the straight and it looked like one rider may have taken the other rider out. Lightning is not a bad track for the Hyper. I think Thunderbolt is better suited to the Hyper and motards since it's more technical. I'll find out how the Hyper does on T-bolt in August!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool.. You gonna try for Jennings this winter?
I am still thinking about it. A couple of track day buddies are coming down for the Jennings 12/26-12/28 track days. I just don't know if I want to drive 1000 miles with trailer in tow on Christmas Eve!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 20 of 20 Posts