Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VIN number reports back as a GT1000.

I had heard that the Biposto models for '09 were discontinued, but is this some sort of mistake you think?

Oh, and hey - new to the forums and to Ducati! Former Bueller (had a super sweet '02 X-1 I turned into a pure streetfighter, traded in for a Biposto.

Any thoughts on the VIN number discrepancy?

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
203 Posts
The VIN number reports back as a GT1000.

I had heard that the Biposto models for '09 were discontinued, but is this some sort of mistake you think?

Oh, and hey - new to the forums and to Ducati! Former Bueller (had a super sweet '02 X-1 I turned into a pure streetfighter, traded in for a Biposto.

Any thoughts on the VIN number discrepancy?

Cheers,
Daniel
Were did you check that Daniel? I have the same model, so it could be funny to see if it also where the case with mine.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I ran my VIN last year and it came back as a Paul Smart. I own a 2006 Sport Classic. :confused:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Is anyone really surprised?

Insurance company's have their heads up their arse like there's no tomorrow!

Hello welcome to AIG if you wait a little longer we'll get another huge bail out check from the government and you can join us on another huge expensive company party at another resort!!! :confused::mad:

·
Official Retired Person
7,325 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have an '07 BIP as well and it's a GT on my insurance. I was under the impression they were all listed as GTs... Does it matter?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
my '06 sport 1000 came up as a gt when i got a new policy with state farm.
i'm working to get it adjusted as i don't want any b.s. if i ever need to file a claim...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
my '06 sport 1000 came up as a gt when i got a new policy with state farm.
i'm working to get it adjusted as i don't want any b.s. if i ever need to file a claim...
I filed a claim with state farm, no BS... they explained to me that's the only way they can label the bike, and assured to me that it wouldn't be a problem. if you VIN matched the bike, why would there be an issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts