Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am excited to try out this bike. I ride an 05 R6 on the track and this is going to be a street bike for me. I will get pictures in the morning to post too! :)

2000 748 Red

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
catchinganupshift said:
I am excited to try out this bike. I ride an 05 R6 on the track and this is going to be a street bike for me. I will get pictures in the morning to post too! :)

2000 748 Red
Extra Marchesini rims....'Yummy"
Extra Carbon fiber fairings too......
and CF clutch cover (All the carbon fiber stuff will be sold)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
catchinganupshift said:
Extra Marchesini rims....'Yummy"
Sweet, dude. Welcome to the disease.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
catchinganupshift said:
CF tail? Nose? How much, bro? Not that I can afford anything right now...

It didn't come with a race nose did it? I'm looking for one to grab cheap (cheaper than AirTech or Sharkskinz, which are around $150 I think).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats!! I too have a new red headed mistress and am totally hooked :D

Enjoy and ride her in good health

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the welcome. :D

In response to the Carbon fiber stuff.
I have a fender eliminator
2 upper panels
1 lower panel
clutch cover

I am not fond of carbon fiber myself so if anyone has an interest, in any of it PM me and I will take pics of them for you.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. I'm sure you will enjoy it. How many miles are on the bike? Do you have proof of the last belt change and when the rockers were last inspected? I ask this because older SBKs have some quirks that need to be delt/kept up with.

Don't want to scare you, but a local guy bought a 1998 748 from a guy who swore the 12k service was just completed on the bike. He rode it for 3000 miles when a belt broke. Turned out that the belts were the original ones with white letters on them. When inspecting the damage, turned out that most of the rockers had flaking chrome, which resulted in one cam not getting enough oil (blocked oil passage) and several other items had to be addressed.....like a semi-fried cam bearing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Desmo Demon for all the advice. It will come in handy along with the "search" button here.

The bike is red. I guarantee this guy never touched anything on this bike.
The bike came with the CF pieces and a extra set of Marchesini rims for $3200. 22k miles. The clutch is fried, but he gave me a stock clutch. (I would prefer to put in a Barnett though) The left side case cover has a small crack. (He think from the bearing). Ha has a lightweight flywheel in there too. It does start up and run, but until I get a buddy with a Duc to help me drop the motor and send it to be inspected, I will let it sit. Even buying a brand new motor, I feel as if the price had to be taken advantage of!

Now, who has some rearsets, clutch, take-offs, left cover, sprockets, and would like some CF items!!!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
catchinganupshift said:
The bike came with the CF pieces and a extra set of Marchesini rims for $3200. 22k miles.
Sounds like a pretty good deal....and a nice project. I'm sure you'll go over it with a fine-toothed comb when you go to put it back on the road.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Naked pics

Just ordered new plugs, filters, and Motul oil to put into it.

Plastics are off the bike so I may make sure things are where they are supposed to be!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres all the Carbon Fiber I will be selling to anyone interested plus the stock Termignoni exhaust cans!

There are the two uppers One lower a fender eliminator and a clutch cover.

·
Registered
444 Posts
^^Holy necrobump, Batman!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts