Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had some real world experience of just how well Rapid Bike's systems work that I thought the board would like to see so I though I would start a new thread, even though I posted this in the air cooled hyper forum.

I took a picture of my horizontal plug a few days ago. Bike had modded dp lid, bmc, full exhaust, rapid bike evo and had been professionally dyno tuned, but has always run lean. My guess is it just could never get enough air, even at idle.

Installed MWR new filter today.

Its raining pretty hard down here so I couldnt ride the bike, but I warmed it up in my garage. Im sure my neighbors were super happy lol. The bike seems to jump on the throttle much quicker. After about 15 mins of idle and reving every once in a while, I cut it off.

I then pulled the plug and WOW. Seems rapid bike already started to dial in more fuel as the plug now looks PURRRRRFECT. I am truly impressed with rapid bikes ability to self adjust in such a small amount of time. It will take about 100 miles of riding probably to get the full maps sorted.

Pretty stoked about not having to worry about the bike being lean anymore.

I just love it when shit works right.

Attachments

Reactions: JACKIE TREEHORN

·
Smut peddler
1,140 Posts
This is the kind of news I like to hear, as I have installed the rapidbike on my multi 1100, and if I ever get off my ass and finish my valve adjustment, am excited to see the results. My multi has a decat, slip on, and was using a fat duc in the hrizontal pipe (not sure why the horizontal), and I was getting terrible mileage. I hope the rapidbike cures that a bit. The guys at rapidbike are great to deal with, always fire an answer off right away. I originally had bought my evo unit for another bike, and had to have it reflashed. It was back to me in ten days from the time I shipped, which impressed me, means they got it done right away.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I had a rapid bike ecu added to my S2R1000 Monster last year and I am amazed at how much better the bike runs. I upgraded to a set of Sil exhausts, a cat eliminator and the rapid bike. The throttle is completely linear- no off idle stumble, no snatch when opening the throttle back up, occasional pop on decel. From idle to 8000 it is fantastic.
The shop said it was really easy to tune on the dyno, and it really smoothed out the curve.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also run the RB on all our bikes and yes it really works, why we also sell them:grin2:.
haha Guido, you were the one who introduced me to rapidbike bike! :wink2: I purchased my RB unit thorough my local tuner, but all my antigravity batteries have come from Shift-Tech. Great company!

Reactions: Shift-Tech
1 - 5 of 5 Posts