Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the attribution of the 20 lbs weight savings.

DRY​
WET​
Stock​
1200 S-20​
408​
465​
1200 R-16​
396.8​
456.3​
Exhaust (stk 16.8)​
-12.8​
-12.8​
Lithium (stk 9)​
-6​
-6​
Tail Tidy​
-1​
-1​
Carbon Fiber parts​
-0.5​
-0.5​
Weight Savings​

The M1200R is now as light as a Panigale.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the bucks (y), and that was with the big A-G AT12-BS-HD 480 cranking amps.

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
Did much of what you did except for the battery. Also dropped the passenger pegs. The next step is for fat arsed me to drop about 20# by spring.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Did much of what you did except for the battery. Also dropped the passenger pegs. The next step is for fat arsed me to drop about 20# by spring.
Look at what the Termi costs.
That should give you some motorvation.
Hint, the cost can be described as Nucking Futs. ;)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20 lbs to go is exactly my goal as well. Already down 5 lbs from 175.
150~153 lbs would be ideal. - 1lbs per week using the attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
... shit ... I put on about 40+ pounds since Jan 2019 ... new Rx being the cause. I'm at 225 now .. need to be at 180. All new Rx change starts tomorrow, that said I'm hoping to be able to lose this hamburger fat that has attached itself to my ass!!!

The GPR "INOX" slip ons I bought dropped nearly 7 pounds over the stockers ... and 1 pound 2 ounces less than Termi slipons.

WEIGHTS:
I weighed the stock Ducati slip ons, the Termis, and the new GPRs on our postal scale. All three slip ons had the link pipe included when weighed.

** Stock = (1) 7 pounds, 2.5 ounces ... (2) 14 pounds, 5 ounces.
** Termi = (1) 4 pounds, 5 ounces ... (2) 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
** GPR Deeptone INOX = (1) 3 pounds, 13.6 ounces ... (2) 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Note that the GPR had the DB Killer removed.

So that, plus the 10 pounds shed by going with the Anti Grav Lith-Ion batt. Lost over 17 pounds just by changing the slip ons and the battery. Add that to the 45+ pounds of ASS that needs to come off, and we're cookin' with oil, I tell ya what!!

(pics = GPRs ... for the curious .... mine are like the yellow bike, "low mount" ... that "GPR" applique is just stuck on with two sides tape, so it comes off if you don't want it .... I don't want it)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Further observation:
There's some inconsistency in the Stock Ducati weight figures.
There's 11.2 lbs difference between the Dry "S" and the "R".
However, there's only 8.7 lbs between the Wet "S" and the "R".
That's off even considering the smaller tank (-1L) on the "S" model.

About the battery:
I never bothered weighing the stock Yuasa YT12B-BS. I just used the manufacturers specifications (9 lbs) as linked below. Perhaps that's only the shipping weight without water?

Also, I could have shed a bit more weight by replacing it the with the smaller Anti-Gravity Lithium.
I used the the bigger AT12-BS-HD which weighs 2.9 lbs. The smaller AT12-BS weighs 2.3 lbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any concerns with the battery being in a rather inaccessible location and the heat that area experiences?

I'm considering lithium just because I don't like how the stock battery cranks the bike.

For exhaust all you replaced is the cans?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Truth be told, i really didn't think about the heat but I don't believe it's a concern as the battery box is located so low, in fact way below the cylinder head and away from the exhaust. It also has a heat shield. I'll know more in the spring.
As for the exhaust, the cans including the cats within are all there is to it. Nothing much if any gains are to be had from replacing the headers. I did however, remove the exhaust butterfly flap. The ECU was re-mapped by Rexxer.

Reactions: lemosley01

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bet interesting to see what happens with it. I need to stick a thermometer in that area during the summer heat to see how hot it gets - even being located away from the engine/exhaust, it is over the road which can get a bit toasty come July.

40 Posts
I honestly don't think we have ever come across any kind of heat issues at all on a Monster application...(Panigale is a little bit of a different story) but you should be more than good with that AT12-BS-HD and it never huts to have a little more cranking like you do in the HD model options of the battery....
-Chad
[email protected]

Reactions: Dukerdr
1 - 12 of 12 Posts