Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys start your bikes do you have your clutch lever in or you don't touch the clutch lever at all.(when in neutral) I always do, I want to know if it makes a different. Is it bad or not?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Normally I just roll the bike out of the garage and start her but, the other day I was showing off the bike to a co-worker, specifically the starter. I was standing next to the bike, put key in, noticed neutral light on, pressed the starter and the bike started lurching forward. I grabbed the bars both hands and the clutch and, almost dropped her! Damn false neutral! So now I give her a slight roll just to make sure were in neutral.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I habitually hold the clutch in, start her up, and then grab the front brake before releasing the clutch as a safety measure.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I wasn't specific enough, If the bike is in neutral and you move it and checked that it is. Does it matter if you started with the clutch engaged or not. I see some people don't use the clutch at all to start there bikes. I always used the clutch. Does it really make a difference if you do or not?

·
Registered
862 Posts
If it rolls you are good, but things happen. Always treat you Hyper like a firearm and never point it at anything you don't want to destroy. Even in rolling neutral I use the clutch just in case and slowly release it as a precaution.

I like calling it the maybe light.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
BTW- It's not a stupid question. The topic has been discussed at length here before.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Touchy?

Sounds like Hypers are all are unique depending on how serviced, ridden, set-up, etc.......having said that, I feel relaxed starting in green, off the bike and also search for the green/clutch-out, at red lights, but only after the slipper has done all it can.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Maybe I wasn't specific enough, If the bike is in neutral and you move it and checked that it is. Does it matter if you started with the clutch engaged or not. I see some people don't use the clutch at all to start there bikes. I always used the clutch. Does it really make a difference if you do or not?
To the bike? No.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.