Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Hypermotard
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A beautiful day riding in the blue group with teampromotion.com at Summit Point Shenandoah circuit.

I must say, after finally figuring out the forks, the bike is competitive with about anything on this short technical circuit. I would even argue that the bike made up for some of my lack of skill against other riders.

Several passed me throughout the day, but nothing like past years when the forks were a big mess.

The bike was a huge hit with other riders/spectators too. I recall having pictures taken of me while underway all weekend from people I've never met that I know were not pro photogs. Several stopped by the pits with compliments too.

I've never had anyone say anything positive about my R6 track bike!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looking Good!!!

I'm waiting on the tool for the Marzocchi forks so I can measure, and then order the proper fork springs. I have a set of Woodcraft rearsets coming, and once i get the new springs I'm headed immediately to Sears Point for my first track day on my new Hyper SP.

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Hypermotard
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Hypermotard
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking Good!!!

I'm waiting on the tool for the Marzocchi forks so I can measure, and then order the proper fork springs. I have a set of Woodcraft rearsets coming, and once i get the new springs I'm headed immediately to Sears Point for my first track day on my new Hyper SP.
I didn't need rearsets. I did scrape one toe, but that was because my body position was off for that corner and I rubbed on a raised rumble strip.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I was scraping everything on my trackday, left and right with stock rearsets. Usually when overtaking someone in a corner. Trackdays are really fun though, even with the Hyper. It's so much fun blasting past liquid cooled 4cil and 2cil liter bikes with a measly 90HP :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
motohose.com..... under muffler slider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts