Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought it home and hour ago. My dealer called me yesterday and told me I could get before the release. I took a looong lunch and picked it up. Had to come back to work but when I get home tonight I will post some pics. !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just brought it home and hour ago. My dealer called me yesterday and told me I could get before the release. I took a looong lunch and picked it up. Had to come back to work but when I get home tonight I will post some pics. !!
Congrats!

Base or "S"?

I have a base coming and just hoping that they are getting delivered soon along with the "S" models...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts

Wow that's incredible, my dealer said ducati absolutely told him he was obligated not to release any bikes til Friday. You lucky dog!

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics and first impressions

I uploaded the pics and I hope they show up. This my first time posting though I have been lurking around this forum for over a year. I had an 07 1098 and now I have an 07 Sport Classic and my new Streetfighter to go with my ZX-10 and B-King.

Anyway, about the Streetfighter. I only got to ride it around the block a few times as the weather is piss poor, but here are my impressions. The power is good, the right footpeg sucks. I wear a size 11.5, 12 and my foot will not stay on the peg. I got three small washers and put it on the two bolts that hold the footrest and that helped quite a bit. I have half inch thick spacers but I cannot use the because the factory bolts are not very long and they are a wierd shape so it is not easy to get longer ones. I will keep looking.

The brakes are as good as I remember on my 1098, if not better. The fork dives alot and I added some preload as I weigh 225. I will ride some more tomorrow and this weekend to see what else needs to be done. The turn is pretty good. I remember I had to raise the rear of my 1098 to get it to start turning in fast but the SF seems to be fine, which is kinda counter intuitive from what they say about the relaxed steering geometry.

I removed the mirrors and found out the hard way that the right one has a reverse threaded bolt. I destroyed the mirror getting it off after I stripped the head. Oh well, gonna put bar end mirrors like the rest of my bikes anyway. I removed the reflectors off the forks and will see what I can do about the rear one.

Can't wait for the three day weekend to get some riding in. I told the dealer that I would pass by on Saturday and they said to say that I picked it up at seven in the morning because they weren't supposed to sell it to me yet. I was the first on the list and I lucked out because both bikes they got were white. So one for demo and the other mine!

I hope the pics attached, if not I will try again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
It's almost like you should hang some boxing gloves off the handle bars. Good luck with the bike. Hope the dealer doesn't catch any grief... he probably could have requested you to post anon!!! DOH!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I replaced the brake pads with EBC double H ones. I had bought them for my 1098 and never put them on. Took pics, but cannot upload. I am uploading them on manage my attachments. Can some one please help?

Here are the links to the pics:
http://jmm8904.fileave.com/DSC02009.JPG
http://jmm8904.fileave.com/DSC02010.JPG
http://jmm8904.fileave.com/DSC02011.JPG
http://jmm8904.fileave.com/DSC02012.JPG
http://jmm8904.fileave.com/DSC02013.JPG
http://jmm8904.fileave.com/DSC02014.JPG
I'm glad I'm getting pearl white, love it!
Chris

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I thought the S model was the first to come out? All my local dealers said they are getting S models only for now?
Actually last week ducati announced that both models would be released simultaneously and they were planning to have at least one each at the participating launch dealers for tonight

Chris

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was able to see the pic with no problem.

Just got back from Pensacola last night and had a voicemail from my dealer letting me know that my Black S is ready for me to pick up. The irony is that I am leaving for a week in the mountains at daybreak for a ZRX rally and after waiting 4 months for the bike to arrive, I won't even see it for a week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can those who has owned or ridden the Monster 1100 tell me how the riding position of the SF compare? I could be interested in one of these next year. I got the Monster 1100 because of 2 reasons:
1. Looking at pictures when it was first released, it looked to me like this thing will ride too much like a sportsbike in terms of riding position. But now looking at pictures with riders on it, it doesn't look that bad. I am 5'10".
2. I didn't like the looks of it initially. But I am warming to it!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Monster. But a man (or woman) can never have too many toys right? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The weather sucks. I got to ride for half an hour yesterday morning but it has been raining since. Is this Florida or Seattle? The hosting site took the pictures down, I don't know why. I know my dealer called and told me he got chewed out by DNA for selling me the bike early.
The right footpeg is really uncomfortable. I put another washer and it's a bit better, that four washers on each bolt and it's tolerable. I am really considering painting the wheels white. If I do will posts pics, hopefully they'll stay up longer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have not ridden the Monster 1100 but i test rode and had the 696 for a day and a half. I believe the difference of the 696 (riding position wise) is more or less 1 inch of riding height (1100 is higher of course) although not shure about that. I have my black Streetfighter S a month and a week and i ve ridden it for 4100 km (2560 miles) so far.
There are two major riding position differences between the two: One is the much wider fuel tank of the Monster (which i did not like) and the other is that on the Monsters you feel you are forced to sit more to the front (which i also did not like).
My belief is that the Streetfighter has a more flexible position.I have also noticed that although you can ride it with a more upright body position due to the fatbars ,that does not mean that it likes it . You have to assume an almost superbike body position on it in order to corner it well (or have a better chance in cornering).
I am also 5 ft 10" and The SF feels kind of high when static but i thing it finally suits my body well. I can also tell that sustained speeds of a lot more than 100MPH are not comfortable on the SF although you can sit at the rearmost of the seat and try to "tuck" behind the nonexistent windscreen.
I really love my SF, and have not regret getting it at all. I believe everybody we ll enjoy the hell out of it as long as they know what they are buying

1 - 20 of 21 Posts