Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just changed my tires from Sports to Powers and thought I'd let you know that I put 5250 miles on the Sports safely. I'll let you know about the Powers when I go thru 'em :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
erinpaul said:
I Just changed my tires from Sports to Powers and thought I'd let you know that I put 5250 miles on the Sports safely. I'll let you know about the Powers when I go thru 'em :)
Last summer I went from Wash. state, Mexico, and back to Calgary, Al. canada.....put on aprox 5000 miles and have a wee bit left.....love them lots of stick!!! I had 3 days of over 850 miles so the pace was a little quick, and still ok milage let me know how you do

Allen

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
erinpaul said:
What percentage of that was highway and/or city miles?

I get half that, but my highway/city is less than 10% of my riding (the other 90+% is twisties).

Tom

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
erinpaul said:
I want to know the city/highway/backroads percentages also...and on what bike?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
HA!!! I'm sitting at 6,755 on my Powers right now and I'm gonna take a guess and say I can squeeze at least 1,500 more out of them safely before they even get to the wear bars. That's with a good amount of commuting and my fair share of curves.

·
Registered
58 Posts
erinpaul said:
powers are far better then the sports. stickier no warm up and mileage. i got 700 miles out of a rear sport (twisties) compared to 2500 for a power. does the bike matter that much? on my fzr400 i got 700 miles on a bt-014 bridgestone. supposed to be = to the powers?

all during summer heat and around 32 psi

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm getting around 6k miles on mostly commuting. Running around 36psi around town too.

on the M1s that everyone always raved about, I was lucky to get 4k miles, got 3k out of the last one)

at this rate, no need to go to a sport touring tire!

man - the PPs are a sweet tire!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm with galaxy, I have 6600 on my set of powers, still plenty of tread left before the wear bars. Although track day at VIR is in a week and i got a new set in the garage im going to have put on. thinking about keeping the current set since theres so much tread left just to throw in the garage if i ever need a spare.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Qualifier

Anybody out there have any feedback on dunlop qualifiers??....I haven't talked with anyone who has tried them yet.

Thanx!!!
allen

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm pretty interested in these as well...though what I have heard is that they wear at a considerably higher rate than the PPs and are only marginally stickier....

but that's just a rag review....nothing on the street yet

·
Registered
208 Posts
JDuc said:
I'm pretty interested in these as well...though what I have heard is that they wear at a considerably higher rate than the PPs and are only marginally stickier....

but that's just a rag review....nothing on the street yet
+1 thats all I know as well

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know how you guys do it... I can wear out a rear Pilot Power in a couple thousand miles. I have to admit however that, to me, this seems like a lot of mileage as I was getting 1000 to 1200 miles out of Metzler M1s on my Hayabusa...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
how much pressure do you run?

do you burn out a lot?

etc.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Man ! That is my same experience. I've got them on my ST4S and a couple thou is all that I get. Nearly all is solo riding, using 30/34 pressures.

What is the secret of getting 6K out of them ?

Keef95 said:
I don't know how you guys do it... I can wear out a rear Pilot Power in a couple thousand miles. I have to admit however that, to me, this seems like a lot of mileage as I was getting 1000 to 1200 miles out of Metzler M1s on my Hayabusa...

·
comrade moderator
26,797 Posts
Lotsa corners!

I've got 6k on mine and they're just starting to look the part. I've always run 35psi each.

I will definitely replace them with another set.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
LOL.....well, I guess mine should have lasted about 10ki miles then. Still, I wonder. Not much sliding in my style. Lots of abrasive mountain roads ( Angeles Crest etc.) might explain some of it. I am especially tough on the fronts.

Oh well.

Chuckracer said:
Lotsa corners!

I've got 6k on mine and they're just starting to look the part. I've always run 35psi each.

I will definitely replace them with another set.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
My fronts last about 2% longer than the rears (3200 miles front, 2700 rear)

Basically only corners, few straights and almost no highway. My sides are almost as worn as the center, and in the front worn more than the center. Solo riding on an ST2 that 's been on a diet (-45 lbs.) And my SS uses tires at about the same rate.

Tom

1 - 20 of 34 Posts