Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
It is sad but true. I remember the joy I had when I purchased a similar item for my ST. Then one day I saw a compatible part for a UJM for 1/2 of that price.
Such is the price to own my Italian mistress:cool:

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a sad day indeed when a super simple hydraulic Rod is considered cheap at $400 bucks.....sigh.:p
true... but when it retails at $750... this is by far the cheapest I have found it at. But your point is well taken... I need to rephrase my initial post.

"Holy crap I hate ebay. It just sucks my money away for stupid overpriced goods that I don't need anyway, and tricks me into thinking I'm getting a deal" :D

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think waiting was part of the fun for me... I'm strange. Damn, I gotta get off this forum and catch a flight.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Alexio, stop trolling and get your ass to the airport...:think::D

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've got CraigsPal, a free CL search engine that also rocks. Got rear OEM stand for my 996, front stand, 2 model bikes, and a Duc performance flag for the garage all for $100. Also scored a $1000 LEGO train for less that 10% of that... Love it!!

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alexio, stop trolling and get your ass to the airport...:think::D
bro... I finally shut the pc off.. left the house with just enough time to spare (no checked in luggage for just 3 days) and BAM... hit traffic. I was cursing my own stupidity but even went into the HOV lane illegally, parked in the expensive parking close to the terminal, and i was like 2 minutes late for checkin cutoff.

Santiago Chile will have to party with out my dumb ass... tonight... I'm going to drown my sorrows and embarassement with a bottle of bordeaux and Jules' neverchanging post count. (nothing more depressing than unpacking in the same house 2 hours after packing)

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Man, that SUCKS! I've been there too...I work late most of the time and usually don't go in to work until around 9 or so when traffic is light. I forgot about traffic one morning when I had to be at the airport. What usually takes 20 minutes took over an hour. Whoops...I ended up waiting for 11 hours at the airport. I hate airports...:cool:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
That's no deal!:D....Over the last year I picked up a DP vented carbon fiber belt cover kit which included the foam air cleaner piece ($300) , oil cooler ($58), cam belts ($104) and both lower fairings ($350). All are NIB and shipped free, except the fairings ($28) for my 999. Combined retail of $2400 !!!.....crazy cheap!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
you've gotta choose...

...Got rear OEM stand for my 996, front stand, 2 model bikes, and a Duc performance flag for the garage all for $100. Also scored a $1000 LEGO train for less that 10% of that... Love it!!
996s AND plastic trainsets ??

where is your commitment to two-wheels?

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why don't the DP ones work well... are you selling GPR which is why you're saying that? interested in knowing, thanks.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I've had mixed experiences on eBay. Recently I bought a used oem rear brake disc that I later discovered had less than 1mm of wear left on it. I know: buyer beware, ask questions, etc. I'm also shocked at the prices people are asking for cracked and otherwise busted fairings. You open up an auction that looked good in the thumbnail only to discover it's got rash on it, and a crack, and he wants half list price or something. I have gotten some good deals there though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No I dont sell GPR The DP is not as adjustable for one it also mounts to the top of the bar clamp the bars are rubber mounted so it is not as solid as the GPR or Scotts.Do a search on the Hyper forum you can read more about it.It works ok just not as well as others.Which is probley why it got sold on flea bay :D

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
I've had good results, though I've always done the buy it now thing.

I bought three starter sprags this year (both my ST2 and SS needed new ones, the SS was totally fragged, came out in pieces). Now I have two spares (I also had bought a new OEM, but the ebay ones I ordered from the US a week later arrived first!)

I've also bought some weird stuff from China via ebay (batteries for PALM, USB pen camera, etc.)

Tom

·
Registered
483 Posts
hym damper

To bad they dont work very well.You cold have got a brand new GPR for $50 more.:D
2nd that. I have installed a few when they first came out.I have not installed any lately.I am not impressed with the product. the damper tends to contact parts of the bike when turned to full lock, they do not provide much damping force and when you do turn up the dampening the fasteners that attach it to the ignition switch flex BAD. Looks killer though. any damper that attaches with long 6mm fasteners is going to have flex issues I have seen this for years with the monsters.Gpr works much better but i personally do not like the look.So ultimately you need to decide what you want looks or performance .I tell all my costumers about the fitment and performance of the DP damper proir to instlation.1 person had me remove the unit after i showed them how little damping force it had when maxed out and how it flexed it's fasteners.He used it on the track so we removed it and installed the gpr

1 - 20 of 22 Posts