Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I heard about a new Ducati chopper in the wind. Didn't know it would look like a V-rod with 300mm tire in the rear. I do wonder if it does come from the factory? Where is the source of the picture?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think it will look cool when it comes out.

Anyone look at old "spy" photos of the desmosedici recently? Not so purdy... ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hope that is FAKE - that is fukin' UGLY. Maybe it will have some significant changes before it's developed further!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks like a Vrod and BMW montauk had a kid. OCC had their hand in this!!!;) They can only mod so many monsters.

Bit of a gamble but the cruiser market is not insignificant. Ducati's current lineup is very geared toward expanding marketshare and this would be no different. The phrase "that's a nice Buell" will be uttered many a time if this becomes reality.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I have wondered what the Italian moto world would be like if Ducati had acquired Moto Guzzi a few years ago and used the MG brand to explore the cruiser world.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
better for Ducati to get feedback on a clay model rather than after spending the budget on tooling.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think they could refine that into a good looking bike.

I wonder how the HD world would react to an italian cruiser.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
What a bummer.

When Duc should be concentrating on a great beginner machine and working hard on their tuning just off idle, they are squandering R&D on power cruisers. Great, just tell those guys they need to have their valves measured every 7,500mi.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Yeah, they sold more trucks than cars for a while. But now, that ilk is dying on dealer lots, and management is crawling around the world looking for capital to not be absorbed into the VW empire.

Not to mention, around here S4s, Ms, and Porches of all type are a common sight. Yet, the most widely seen Cayenne is the base model with the VW 3.2l V6 since it was first made available.

Just the same, imagine if they stuck to the founder's vision and keep their machines light and quick, even if it had to be a truck.

On another note, the 996/997 is just huge compared to the 993 and previous.

Have a good one.

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
All I noticed is that the clay was close to vomit-colored! Amazingly convienent!

Yech!

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
What a bummer.

When Duc should be concentrating on a great beginner machine and working hard on their tuning just off idle, they are squandering R&D on power cruisers. Great, just tell those guys they need to have their valves measured every 7,500mi.

Have a good one.
+1 and more. Precisely why it will be lower than expectations unless they produce a cruiser in a V-4 configuration. When is Ducati going to learn the Desmo design is not practical for a true touring bike, based on the maintenance requirements alone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts