Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had my SC for 2 months to the day now and it started raining outside....better put her away. Sit on the bike and pushing it backwards and my left foot slips then catches on wet pavers....before I know it the bike is tipping left fast. There's a small wall about knee high on my left (part of a small water feature) and I, then the bike, land on it.....actually the bike lands on me, most of it on my left hand. Totally pinned by my hand against the corner of the wall with the bike at about 70 degrees it was fortunate that my girl was in the house and using super-human effort she lifted the bike off me. Off to hospital in a lot of pain.....I've got to see a surgeon tommorow to decide how to put back together the very shattered bones in my left hand. Expect two months out of the saddle if I'm lucky, %u#king unbelievable :(. Some very minor scratching to the rear seat cover on the bike only! Just goes to show eh.

·
Registered
175 Posts
no way:eek:! hope the recovery is fast - you'll be back on it in no time. lucky no more damage to body and bike!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Aww shit man...hope you both pull through el pronto!! If the bike needs a touch up, the guy they use at Frasers did a bang up job of touching up my tank after my spill.

All the best mate!!
Jase

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's really bad luck, sorry to read you were injured. Well done to the young lady for lifting the bike off you, let's hope you mend soon.

I would be really miffed if this happened to my left hand - that's the one I use to raise my beer glass!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wow

Sorry to hear of your "incident", hope you recover quickly and well.

And thanks for the reminder about how QUICKLY bad things can happen when you least expect them. Something we Ducatisti need to constantly keep in mind!

At least you've got your girl to keep you "comforted"- sounds like she's a handy person to have around.:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...how QUICKLY bad things can happen when you least expect them...

+1 to that!

My hand is getting "wired" on Friday, best case scenario 90% use of hand in 3 months time :( I didnt find the clutch heavy before....I may do once I can get back riding.

...At least you've got your girl to keep you "comforted"- sounds like she's a handy person to have around...

She's the best :) I would have been in real trouble if she was out, because of how the bike fell I simply could not free my hand to extract myself.

Cheers all

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
She's the best :) I would have been in real trouble if she was out, because of how the bike fell I simply could not free my hand to extract myself.
This is exactly why we should always keep a pocket knife in our back pocket... R/H side back pocket if we are to learn anything from this :)
You never know... If the cook was'nt home you may have had to use it :eek:

Sorry to take the piss mate but you gotta keep smiling.

Sucks to hear of your misfortune. Hope you mend quick.

Greg.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
at least your bike is ok, right?
:D

kidding aside, I wish you swift recovery. good thing it's winter for you guys now... up here you'd be looking at missing out on the summer...

·
Registered
242 Posts
sorry to hear about your mishap. hope you heal soon and well and get a chance to enjoy the bike soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bad news mate
I hope your surgeon is as good as your bike, if so you'll be right

Bert
And look on the bright side. Its only one hand/arm .... you can still wipe your own bum :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts