Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called today for a 600 mile service on my 2007 ST3. Service manager said even if I go over 600 miles not to worry factory fill is 100% synthetic oil. Nothing but the best for Ducati's. That's nice to know.:)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
It's not the type of oil or age of the oil that matters during the 600 mile break-in. You need to schedule the service a.s.a.p. During break-in, filings and shavings from inside the engine dislodge and end up in the oil. You don't want that stuff circulating in the engine! It should all be captured and contained by the oil filter and oil screen, but the mechanics need to check the drained oil to see if there are any abnormal bits in there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the type of oil or age of the oil that matters during the 600 mile break-in. You need to schedule the service a.s.a.p. During break-in, filings and shavings from inside the engine dislodge and end up in the oil. You don't want that stuff circulating in the engine! It should all be captured and contained by the oil filter and oil screen, but the mechanics need to check the drained oil to see if there are any abnormal bits in there.
I wouldn't go over by much maybe 50 miles at the most.

G

·
100 mile change

My tech had me bring it in on the frist 100 miles for its oil check and change,I wonder why you had to wait till 600 mike ? oh well ,have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts