Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry for my bad english :crying:

I must remove streetighter airbox, how can I remove it?
I disassembled the air intake, tank, and after? :crying:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
2 jubilee clips hold it to the top of the air trumpets. You need to undo those and it will pull upwards and off.
Throttle cable as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've never been able to remov airbox either. I've taken the tank off, the intake duct on both sides, and the big round clips that hold onto the throttle bodies. I'm only able to pop it up enough to get to the bolts the hold the vertical cylinder valve cover.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
There are a couple hoses that tend to snag the airbox and make it difficult. Just take it slow and don't force anything too much.

I've had my airbox on and off a number of times (2010 S). It's possible I'm forgetting a step, but here's what I remember:

-remove seat
-remove tank
-remove or loosen headlight so that throttle cables can be freed
-remove throttle cables from handlebar
-you may need to remove the top radiator or at least lean it forward to access the horizontal cylinder fuel injector connection. if it's your first time removing the airbox, I recommend removing the radiator to eliminate the risk of damage ($$$$ to replace radiator!)
-disconnect electrical connections on both fuel injectors; the connector on the horizontal cylinder fuel injector is difficult to access
-cut zip ties on top/vertical fuel injector wiring harness to free it from the airbox (the fuel hoses and injectors stay on the airbox)
-disconnect the idle air solenoid (under the airbox between the throttle bodies, not to be confused with the O2 sensor connection)
-disconnect the TPS
-disconnect the moisture drain hose on the front, left, lower corner of the airbox
-disconnect the hose for the crankcase vent on the rear, right, lower corner of the airbox
-loosen the worm-gear clamps on both throttle bodies

Now it gets tricky:
-Loosen/remove the bracket holding the radiator cap next to the ignition switch; this is so you can move it and the hoses attached to it out of the way
-There are three hoses coming off of the radiator fill cap. Two of them run between the top of the airbox and the black plastic intake resonator just behind the steering stem. You will not be able to lift the airbox up without moving these hoses out of the way. You do not have to disconnect them to move them out of the way. One of them goes to the coolant overflow tank, and the other is the one that goes to the top of the radiator on the right side (may be already disconnected if you removed the radiator)
-With the hoses out of the way, you should be able to pop the throttle bodies/airbox up off of the cylinder head intake ports about 1/2-5/8 of an inch
-Make sure the throttle cables are free to slide out with the airbox and start wiggling the airbox back toward the rear of the bike
-One of the hoses coming from the intake air solenoid will get caught on the vertical cylinder intake port. Gently push it around until it clears the intake port as you wiggle the airbox back

It helps greatly to remove the intake resonator. I've been riding with mine removed for a couple hundred miles now, and have noticed no difference (might be just a tiny bit louder).

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts