Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm local to NYC and none of the shops will do a valve job and a fuel map. There's a few loose bolts that need to be screwed back in but the major work is a valve job and fuel map. I even handed Cycle Therapy my workshop manual and they said it was "too big of a project" because the swingarm is from a 695, the engine is an M800 and the frame is a 620. You wanna know what the difference between the 695 swingarm and the 620 swingarm is? The 695 is black. I'm looking for a shop local to NYC who will do a valve job and a fuel map. No one will touch this for some odd reason.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Title says it all. I'm local to NYC and none of the shops will do a valve job and a fuel map. There's a few loose bolts that need to be screwed back in but the major work is a valve job and fuel map. I even handed Cycle Therapy my workshop manual and they said it was "too big of a project" because the swingarm is from a 695, the engine is an M800 and the frame is a 620. You wanna know what the difference between the 695 swingarm and the 620 swingarm is? The 695 is black. I'm looking for a shop local to NYC who will do a valve job and a fuel map. No one will touch this for some odd reason.
I'm having Joe at Supermoto Italia revive my 996. He's quite a few miles away from NYC (St. James LI), but he's got an extensive track record of Ducati building & servicing. My project has taken longer than usual, but we're waiting on OEM parts out of Italy.

I've also seen Brooklyn Moto post a lot of Ducati service / maintenance content, but I'd definitely shoot them a call or DM on instagram to find out further.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
reluctance to take on a job is usually related to what happened the last time they did something that sounded the same. the same could mean the bike, what's been done to it or you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having Joe at Supermoto Italia revive my 996. He's quite a few miles away from NYC (St. James LI), but he's got an extensive track record of Ducati building & servicing. My project has taken longer than usual, but we're waiting on OEM parts out of Italy.

I've also seen Brooklyn Moto post a lot of Ducati service / maintenance content, but I'd definitely shoot them a call or DM on instagram to find out further.
Brooklyn Motos IG is glorious but he gave me some shit. First I was at the end of October I could drop my bike off. I texted him a few days later when I remember and gave him a date and I got a text back that said he would tell when I could bring my bike in and he doesn't work on bikes that the owners work on themselves. Never mentioned anything about if I had a manual, if I followed it or anything like that. He told me the end of October in a phone call so unless he says it in a text I wouldn't go by anything he has to say in regards to work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reluctance to take on a job is usually related to what happened the last time they did something that sounded the same. the same could mean the bike, what's been done to it or you.
Last time they got my bike running until the weather changed and made $1350 for me to have a few months of riding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is the correct answer.

however, if you want to stay local, Brooklyn Moto on Bayard St. in Greenpoint/Williamsburg.
Brooklyn Moto unfortunately isn't interested. He was pretty inconsistent about the whole thing too. First he would on thus date and then he wouldn't because I'm not a mechanic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts