Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Im Tito, I will probably be in here day in and day out since I just bought my new 696 on Saturday! Im really excited down to the point where I cant ride it yet. Yea, I know. I dont have my motorcycle licence yet and I cant get it for atleast another month. However in the mean time, I'm loving my new bike. Here are a few pics of it. Its the same as anything else you all have seen, but within a different scene... You can see that I park it next to my Honda.

BTW Is anyone else here from New Jersey?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really would like a 696 Monster. I drove a demo at the local dealer and it was an absolute blast. You will enjoy it greatly, congratulations.

·
Registered
969 Posts
You're gonna love it TJ.
Unless you are going to spend a lot of time on the slab, go to a 14T front sprocket as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
looks good man.... have some fun with it....

it that your first bike?... or you have some dirt experience?... have fun and shop for some gear in the meantime until ya get your license...

shinny side up...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi all Im Tito, I will probably be in here day in and day out since I just bought my new 696 on Saturday! Im really excited down to the point where I cant ride it yet. Yea, I know. I dont have my motorcycle licence yet and I cant get it for atleast another month. However in the mean time, I'm loving my new bike. Here are a few pics of it. Its the same as anything else you all have seen, but within a different scene... You can see that I park it next to my Honda.

BTW Is anyone else here from New Jersey?
Next to your Honda lawn mower?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha yes of course! Honda has a special place in my heart as does Ducati! This is my first bike and I have no dirt biking experience... So it shall be interesting. But I do ride bicycles as light as 18lbs at speeds near 35 mph before. So Id say I can handle a two-wheeled-monster!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ha yes of course! Honda has a special place in my heart as does Ducati! This is my first bike and I have no dirt biking experience... So it shall be interesting. But I do ride bicycles as light as 18lbs at speeds near 35 mph before. So Id say I can handle a two-wheeled-monster!
I don't mean to be a jerk but if you think a road bike can somehow compares to a motorcycle you are completely disillusion. :eek:

I ride a road bike also, and it has no comparison to my monster. Take the MSF and take it easy. Your monster can do 35mph in first gear on a slow day.

·
Registered
923 Posts
fail

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't mean to be a jerk but if you think a road bike can somehow compares to a motorcycle you are completely disillusion. :eek:

I ride a road bike also, and it has no comparison to my monster. Take the MSF and take it easy. Your monster can do 35mph in first gear on a slow day.
No no I was kidding! Surely the balance at high speed and watching out for bumps and pot holes can come into play though! - and dogs... What type of bicycle do you have anyway?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I really like that in the "dark" look. That new bike is a dark i take it. never really cared for the xx9 in the dark, nor the little multi in that matt dark, but the new monster looks sweet in the dark, dare I say better than the white!

IMHO

Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take the MSF course and use their bikes. Those bikes have been dropped before, and you'll learn the very, very basics of how not to kill yourself on the first ride. Otherwise, just save some time and money. Kick your new bike over on the driveway, and then do a running nose dive into the pavement. The damage you'll do is less than what will happen when you lay your new bike down for the first time. There is no comparison between a bike with pedals and a Ducati. Really, this is serious. Been there, done that, and have the scars.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Take the MSF course and use their bikes. Those bikes have been dropped before, and you'll learn the very, very basics of how not to kill yourself on the first ride. Otherwise, just save some time and money. Kick your new bike over on the driveway, and then do a running nose dive into the pavement.
I agree whole heartedly with this. The MSF course is incredibly beneficial. Personally, I could never imagine going from bicycle to monster in one fell swoop. Hopefully it is subsidized where you live like it is in Michigan, only cost me $20 and got one day book instruction, two days of intense road instruction. Best $20 I have ever spent.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice guys! Im definetly going to do the MSF. The only problem is that its $300 that Ill have to make... Any yea, I do have to clean my garage.. Thats on my dad! No actually I was rearranging things today, but its a long way from clean...

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! Im definetly going to do the MSF. The only problem is that its $300 that Ill have to make... Any yea, I do have to clean my garage.. Thats on my dad! No actually I was rearranging things today, but its a long way from clean...
Can you say garage sale? Kill 2 birds with one stone?

No need to thank me for this superb idea :D

RonB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts