Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmm... no you should check into that more... the code and nearfield are there exactly FOR when the fob is out of commission (it's the only time I've needed to use them... dead fob batteries). Maybe something else was going wrong too?
I agree. The FOB is not necessary to start the bike. Mine was defective and had to be replaced but I could still use the PIN or the red "extra" key to start the bike. I think you had, or maybe still have, some other problem.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am more curious how long it took for the dealership to discover it was the fab, and if they charged you. I’ve been without one for over a year now, been using the pin code every day. No big deal, half the time my fab wouldn’t activate anyways. I would always have to wave it around my instrument panel for 15:seconds half the time anyways. The new Ducati dealership here in Reno refuses to do business with me, so much for the Ducati support. That’s another story in itself.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hmm... no you should check into that more... the code and nearfield are there exactly FOR when the fob is out of commission (it's the only time I've needed to use them... dead fob batteries). Maybe something else was going wrong too?
Can't stress this enough, you should figure this part out. My fob will start my bike with no battery in it at all as long as I have it on the RFID spot. And the pin works as a backup to the backup as well.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
So I admit to being a bit nervous about the electronic gizmo's on the bike when I bought it... but the multiple levels of backup on things like the fob work very well, now I really expect new bikes to be keyless. I was looking at a 2019 MT10 at the shop when I was having tires mounted on the Tiger last week and the first thing I noticed was the key... how quaint... a key. :)
I'm STILL a bit nervous about the electronic gas cap... but it's been working for 4 years so I suppose it's reliable.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ok, since we’re all be so honest and airing out our dirty laundry, I was once one a bike trip. Woke up in Tuscaloosa and headed out to The Dragon. Just got through Birmingham and THOUGHT I needed to fart.

Never do that again. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don’t trust a man that says he has never crapped his pants. You sir, have joined my circle of trust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I agree about the fob and pin code. But this is what the dealer is telling me. They said they could not anything going on the bike until they fixed the little battery issue. I admit to being confused by this. I had used the pincode in the past with no problem. The bike is still at the dealer; we've been quarantined. Probably pick it up next week.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I was working on a riding lawn mower and had tools scattered everywhere. I bumped the deck and heard a wrench fall. Didnt ned that size so kept working. I started hearing a buzz like pissed off hornets, then I smelled electrical burning. Wires were starting to get hot. Looked over at battery just in time for it to blow up from being shorted by the wrench that fell.

Yeah, that thing never did run right after that.......

21 - 29 of 29 Posts