Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After numerous searches reading about the termi slipon and Dp ecu. I am confused on if the termi slipon ecu gets rid of the exhaust valve. I know the slipon and 2-1 ecu gets rid of the oxygen sensor and have a map that roughly adds 10% more fuel. As opposed to the Cam ecu which adds roughly 18% more fuel.

I just question if the slipon ecu allows the removal of the exhaust valve; or if the valve is left installed. The ECU doesn't actuate the valve.

If im spending 1500 dollars for a little bit of performance. I dont want something corking my exhaust. i have a hard time believing the valve is there to add midrange / back pressure. Its so far back in the system and behind the catalytic.
i would prefer not to have to make some hokey kluged setup to trick the bike so im not looking at a check engine light all the time.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
After numerous searches reading about the termi slipon and Dp ecu. I am confused on if the termi slipon ecu gets rid of the exhaust valve.

Any help would be appreciated.
Slipon and ECU does not eliminate the valve, only the full system does.

I am going to have a mid pipe fabbed for mine to eliminate this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh the valve is still in place but does the ecu disable the closing of the valve?

My understanding is the valve is spring loaded to the normally open position.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The sole purpose of the flapper valve is for noise restriction at what ever RPM corresponds to the road speed noise test imposed by your EPA.

If you researched it all properly you would know how to disconnect it.

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
To hone a finer edge, , For the slipon ECU, unplug the electrical connections of the flapper motor, will it trigger the check engine light as the stock ECU does?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Quack i guess thats the answer im looking for. Not sure whichpost i read stating the guy installed the slipon and ecu but still heard the exhaust vavle going thru the test cycle when powering up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you disconnect the cables to the flapper it automaticaly stay's open.eventually I will add a new mid pipe,easy,cheap fix untill then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts