Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
1972 ... I'm 11yrs old, bell bottoms, Yamaha JT-1 Mini Enduro .... the bell bottom pants got hooked up on the little choke button as I went to put my right foot down at a stop. Pants hooked on the choke button, can't put my foot down. I fall over in slow motion, for all the world looking like Artie Johnson in the TV show "Rowan and Martin's Laugh In" when he'd ride that tricycle while wearing a yellow rain coat, run into something, come to a complete stop and just fall over ... all in a sortof faster film speed (like silent flicks). Yep ... that was me ... pants caught, foot can't come down to the street right in front of my family, I fall over like a sleeping cow. Flop.

... cue song "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When I bought the bike it was equipped with unoriginal levers and the OEM levers came with the purchase. I decided to equip the bike with the OEM levers instead.

Now the workshop tells me that they are nearly done fixing the bike, but they have trouble fitting the OEM levers. they say they have to force the levers in place, and they don't want to break the parts. Do you guys have ant experience with this?

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I’d just buy aftermarket adjustable folding levers on eBay. If you want to spring for the expensive brands, that’s your choice. The ones I bought fold if you drop it and fit fine, plus adjustable reach, about $30 U.S.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
At least provide him with this link before purchasing the inexpensive stuff:

·
Registered
580 Posts
The guy in the video sells expensive levers, go figure, he's gonna hate the cheaper options for sure. My experience over 10 years on a Ducati using dare I say - Chinese knock off's - is buy them and see for yourself. I street and track ride. When my life depended on braking from +220kph to zero with my fuel tank on fire, those levers got beasted like never before. They saved the day, if they were gonna fail that was the moment and probably you would not be reading this. That's all I got to say on levers.
Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thanks guys, I've been looking at some on Ebay and I'm tempted to buy the cheaper ones since the price is 1/3. I actually had MZS levers on mine before the incident. Right now I'm considering foldable levers, but I reckon those are less sturdy.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I have experience bad chinese levers, friends had experience with bad chinese levers, and multiple forum post where the issue was bad chinese levers.

My conclusion, some chinese levers are ok while some are bad. I've not had an issue with OEM, CRG, or Brembo. I am not interested in my front end locking up ever unless I am doing it on purpose, so I run with trusted gear.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts