Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have previously owned and loved a 1000DS MTS and a GT1000, the latter I drove for about 23k pleasing miles. The Hyperstrada, especially the white one, keeps pulling on my heartstrings a good bit but heat has been an issue on the past couple of bikes I've owned (not Ducatis, btw) so I'm a little gunshy as per this topic. It seems there are a number of threads here stating the Hyper gives off a very significant amount of heat. But it's the internet and if I'm looking for any bad issue with any bike all ya gotta do is go to a bike forum and chances are someone somehow will have something negative to say about suspension, handling, heat, comfort, etc.

So I guess I'm asking here how many folks here think this is really a big issue for them and maybe folks who don't? If it is an issue for ya, has anyone tried different maps or anything to help mitigate the heat?? A guy is buying my Griso tomorrow and I'm gonna be in the market for a new bike so I appreciate the input here.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Short answer, No. I did 685 miles on mine on saturday. I did 200 miles to get to get to the Tail of the Dragon and the surrounding area. 200+ miles in the mountains and another 200 to get home (North of Nashville, TN) all in 90F+ heat. I also commute 3-5 days a week in the same type conditions, no issues. The fans will come on about 200F on the gauge, the engine temp will usually peak about 220F and then will start to drop again even when in stop and go traffic. Engine temp will drop back below 200F once you start moving again. Heat on the rider is what you would expect in those conditions, I've seen 104F on the ambient temp gauge while sitting at a stoplight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ride my Hypermotard down here in Florida during the summer. I don't notice any additional heat from the engine or exhaust. Sitting in traffic the engine temp will hit 220, the fans pull it down to 210 really quickly and as soon as I get moving it's back in the 180s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts