Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Makes me wonder how many people have inadvertently filmed their own death...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes me wonder how many people have inadvertently filmed their own death...
For the record, I wasn't "trying to ride hard" This is how I ride daily for the last 20 years. If I do die while riding it's not coz of how I ride, it'll be pure shit luck and I know I only have myself to blame (so don't worry, I won't comeback to haunt you, ha ha)

The first vid was me leaving my office. The 2nd vid was me going back to office and back coz I left my phone. ;)

The GoPro HERO is awesome. 2 Thumbs up! Next time I'll shoot earlier in the day Heh heh. Can't wait to shoot while waterskiing tomorrow

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I love your pics and videos, I do not wish anything bad on you at all!
It just made me think...

ps- I ride the same way to and from work in traffic...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
OK, couple of thoughts.

1. I think there's something wrong with your camera because all the cars look like they're on the wrong side of the road:think:

2. If you had the stock mirrors they must be on the passenger seat of some of those cars because they're not on your bike.

3. If I split lanes like that my wife would kill me or I would be in jail, or some California dick driver would have taken me out after 2 days much less 20 years.

4. I've enjoyed your pictures in the past and now your video too so thanks for posting and keep up the good work!!

Lastly, my GoPro got a rock ding on the lens cover first day out (Thanks Jarred) and now GoPro is producing a lens replacement kit. I think I was the first to order and it will be here tomorrow. 2 lenses, gaskets, and a mini-screwdriver for $20 US. NICE!!!

:abduct:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, couple of thoughts.

1. I think there's something wrong with your camera because all the cars look like they're on the wrong side of the road:think:

2. If you had the stock mirrors they must be on the passenger seat of some of those cars because they're not on your bike.

3. If I split lanes like that my wife would kill me or I would be in jail, or some California dick driver would have taken me out after 2 days much less 20 years.

4. I've enjoyed your pictures in the past and now your video too so thanks for posting and keep up the good work!!

Lastly, my GoPro got a rock ding on the lens cover first day out (Thanks Jarred) and now GoPro is producing a lens replacement kit. I think I was the first to order and it will be here tomorrow. 2 lenses, gaskets, and a mini-screwdriver for $20 US. NICE!!!

1. It was recording in UPsideDown mode... maybe that was it! Ha ha ha
2. I have the stock mirrors on buddy! Woo-hoo...!
3. I split lanes like that with my wife as pillion...seriously. Woo-hoo! :D Move to Malaysia, we have a citizenship scheme (Malaysia My Second Home, google it) and with the exchange rates, you'd be smiling while lane splitting :p
4. Thanks. More to come :)

USD20? That's cool. I better give the lens cover a good polish (car polish) it reduces damage when hit by rocks/pebbles etc. Thanks!

Oh, as I was not confident with the suction cup, I tied a string as a secondary safety incase the cup gives way. Gonna do the same when I attach it to my water ski :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice vids HyperR...

Some guys from down south are organising private track session at Sepang on the 15/16th of Aug... you should come down with the cam- a lap would make a good vid. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll wait for an invite :) But if someone calls upon me for track photos, I'd rather be making $ heh heh... Hmmm... maybe instead I can tow them and charge for video services .... hee hee hee

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
...1. I think there's something wrong with your camera because all the cars look like they're on the wrong side of the road:think:

Malaysia has left hand driving (like in England).

·
Registered
69 Posts
i bet you scared the sh!+ out of all those scooter riders! lots of honks directed towards you haha. well just make sure you're wearing all your gear.
be safe

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
HyperRetard, I must warn you there is a chance that these vids will take you out of contention for win any safe rider of the year awards, but I wonder if the wide angle viewpoint makes things look much sketchier and closer than it really is. Looking at the vids it seems "holy shit that was close", but there are certain points (like lane splitting) when I can apply my own reference points, and it doesn't seem that nuts, just looks like it is.

What do you think? Is the camera making it look different with an IMAX kind of perspective? Camera mounted on the bars?

Nice BTW, I enjoyed it:yeah:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, I just opened the 2nd one... that is a new perspective to see how much the fork is working on a seemingly smooth road. You never see that from the cockpit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i bet you scared the sh!+ out of all those scooter riders! lots of honks directed towards you haha. well just make sure you're wearing all your gear.
be safe
Hey Cadmar, those honks were mine tellin them a Retard is coming through.. hee hee.

Yeah, I wear full armoured jacket (back, shoulder & arm) and knee and shin armour daily. Thanks mate :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HyperRetard, I must warn you there is a chance that these vids will take you out of contention for win any safe rider of the year awards, but I wonder if the wide angle viewpoint makes things look much sketchier and closer than it really is. Looking at the vids it seems "holy shit that was close", but there are certain points (like lane splitting) when I can apply my own reference points, and it doesn't seem that nuts, just looks like it is.

What do you think? Is the camera making it look different with an IMAX kind of perspective? Camera mounted on the bars?

Nice BTW, I enjoyed it:yeah:
Am going for Retard Rider Of The Year Award. Ha ha ha
Some of the lane splitting was close but you're right the wideangle does play visual tricks. I do have stock mirrors on (though folded) so that should give you how close it gets :) I will do a helmet mount soon for a different perspective. I don;t know what IMAX is though but I'm guessing fisheye like angle (it's 170 degrees wide)

For the 1st vid, the cam was mounted just above the headlamp to the side, using suction cup. As for the 2nd, it was at the side of the tank using suction cup too. Same protusion as my knee width, so just nice :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
The moto only lane was something I have never seen, you got skills bro! Sounds like you're clutching up those quick 2nd gear wheelies. I'm only doing roll on 1st and 2nds. I bet when you get those dialed in they're way more predictable. Cool video thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The moto only lane was something I have never seen, you got skills bro! Sounds like you're clutching up those quick 2nd gear wheelies. I'm only doing roll on 1st and 2nds. I bet when you get those dialed in they're way more predictable. Cool video thanks.
We have a few bike lanes along a few privatized highways. It has it's pros and cons. It caters for the thousands scooter and mopeds so it's quite narrow for bigger bikes. The newer ones are wider. The biggest cons would be that you're on the other side of the armco barrier. Well, the speed limit on it is 70kmh (43mph)

Clutchin up on 2nd does give better control. Bike comes up from clutch action so you don't end up "chasing" the height :)

In the rain, I use 3rd to avoid traction loss (I have one tooth down on front)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice video.

Maybe drivers in Malaysia are more "bike aware" but overtaking on the left here in Sydney is asking for a short life span.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts