For the record, I wasn't "trying to ride hard" This is how I ride daily for the last 20 years. If I do die while riding it's not coz of how I ride, it'll be pure shit luck and I know I only have myself to blame (so don't worry, I won't comeback to haunt you, ha ha)Makes me wonder how many people have inadvertently filmed their own death...
1. It was recording in UPsideDown mode... maybe that was it! Ha ha haOK, couple of thoughts.
1. I think there's something wrong with your camera because all the cars look like they're on the wrong side of the road:think:
2. If you had the stock mirrors they must be on the passenger seat of some of those cars because they're not on your bike.
3. If I split lanes like that my wife would kill me or I would be in jail, or some California dick driver would have taken me out after 2 days much less 20 years.
4. I've enjoyed your pictures in the past and now your video too so thanks for posting and keep up the good work!!
Lastly, my GoPro got a rock ding on the lens cover first day out (Thanks Jarred) and now GoPro is producing a lens replacement kit. I think I was the first to order and it will be here tomorrow. 2 lenses, gaskets, and a mini-screwdriver for $20 US. NICE!!!
Hey Cadmar, those honks were mine tellin them a Retard is coming through.. hee hee.i bet you scared the sh!+ out of all those scooter riders! lots of honks directed towards you haha. well just make sure you're wearing all your gear.
Am going for Retard Rider Of The Year Award. Ha ha haHyperRetard, I must warn you there is a chance that these vids will take you out of contention for win any safe rider of the year awards, but I wonder if the wide angle viewpoint makes things look much sketchier and closer than it really is. Looking at the vids it seems "holy shit that was close", but there are certain points (like lane splitting) when I can apply my own reference points, and it doesn't seem that nuts, just looks like it is.
What do you think? Is the camera making it look different with an IMAX kind of perspective? Camera mounted on the bars?
Nice BTW, I enjoyed it:yeah:
We have a few bike lanes along a few privatized highways. It has it's pros and cons. It caters for the thousands scooter and mopeds so it's quite narrow for bigger bikes. The newer ones are wider. The biggest cons would be that you're on the other side of the armco barrier. Well, the speed limit on it is 70kmh (43mph)The moto only lane was something I have never seen, you got skills bro! Sounds like you're clutching up those quick 2nd gear wheelies. I'm only doing roll on 1st and 2nds. I bet when you get those dialed in they're way more predictable. Cool video thanks.