Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
OK'ay, does anyone know where the timing is being read from on the HyperMotard?
There is a crank position sensor on the rotor. Spark timing is determined by a map contained in the ECU. You can alter this map if you have the software/equipment to reflash the ECU or with the Rapidbike 3 unit and pro software. Ignition advance is dynamic, it is determined by rpm, throttle position and possibly gear position. I think your best bet at this point is to contact Anthony at Desmoworks to see if he can alter the ignition map with his reflash setup.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes, the TPS is located on the throttle body for the vertical cylinder.
Wow that is cool... now I have to find out which wire sends the signal .... my new timer (XT GPX PRO) I bought does data aquisition and throttle position is one of the data inputs it accepts and it will tell me how much throttle I'm using at any point on the track.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow that is cool... now I have to find out which wire sends the signal .... my new timer (XT GPX PRO) I bought does data aquisition and throttle position is one of the data inputs it accepts and it will tell me how much throttle I'm using at any point on the track.
The TPS is located on the left side of the throttle bodies and has a black-
sheathed bundle of wires heading upward. It is the ORANGE wire that you
need to monitor for throttle position. A good quality crimp-on wire tap
connector (Eg. 3M brand) can be used to tap into the signal. Some care
is needed to avoid stressing or excessively nicking the wire. If it breaks on
a ride, bike won't run!

·
Registered
868 Posts
The TPS is located on the left side of the throttle bodies and has a black-
sheathed bundle of wires heading upward. It is the ORANGE wire that you
need to monitor for throttle position. A good quality crimp-on wire tap
connector (Eg. 3M brand) can be used to tap into the signal. Some care
is needed to avoid stressing or excessively nicking the wire. If it breaks on
a ride, bike won't run!
First off, sorry I hope I didn't hijack this thread...

Thanks so much Dave...you just saved me alot of time... the timer kit came with some Scothlok wire taps... I'm heading for the garage!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.