Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a new Sargent seat on my 08 Hyper. (Sargent Cycle www.sargentcycle.com). Additionally, I am in need of a small tail bag for riding necessities. I was wondering who made a bag with a hard base that bolted onto rear passenger seat location. This would eliminate the need for a rack (and possibly straps) and be easily removable.

I searched this site but have been unable to find anything. Forgive me if this item is on the forum and I failed to locate it. If fabrication is the only option, I would appreciate your ideas on what bag would be best to use.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think that was a custom job. Someone used a small tank bag and slipped a piece of plexiglass into the area where the magnets were.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only thing I've seen made to fit the Hyper is the tail bag Ducati offers. Unfortunately it doesn't meet your requirements. It is not a "Hard Bag" and it requires their little rack that you have to mount. When you are done you have almost $400 in the deal. A little pricey if you ask me. I have some friends at Givi and they tell me they don't have anything specifically for the Hpyper either but now that the baby Hyper has been introduced maybe the addition volume Hyper sales will get Givi interested in doing something.

If you come up with anything please let everyone know! Currently I'm using a Kriega rucksack to carry my rain gear and other small odds and ends.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently purchased the Axio tail bag and it looks like it was made for the Hyper. It doesn't "bolt down", but the integration is very nice and attaches well with the included velcro straps.

Here's HyperMotard21's recent post and pictures of the bag mounted on a Hyper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich

Guys, thanks for the ideas and photos. I measured the rear of my Sargent Seat and I figure I need a bag 9.5 x 9.5 inches (24 cm) square at most. Depending on what I find, I will fabricate a base to bolt on the passenger seat and then use magnets or velcro to secure the bag.

I am having diffifulty finding a bag that small but I will keep trying. I will post photos and stuff when complete.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow - And to think I've been trying to figure out a rack option for the past 4 hours as I contemplate a Multistrada purchase. One bolt, one bag, a little support and it's over. I think I'm going to try this with a laptop bag and see if I can make it work. If I do, I'll post pics.

Light commuting might have just gotten a whole lot better for me!
Pags

·
Registered
131 Posts
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ps2Z3m4kZ5cvtGtOSewLNtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oBuG19Ed97Ek7nC0NjioYtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Didn't get to test it out today though. It will work - want to
improve the design a bit, but I think it will work. Nice way to carry a laptop to work. Thanks for the inspiration. I'd like to figure out a quick release method, but really, it's a single 10mm bolt holding it on there right now, which is easy enough to bolt/unbolt as necessary.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice that's a good idea. I was thinking of making something like that, but I just went with the handlebar bag, just enough space for my phone/wallet/keys/garage opener.

I recently purchased the Axio tail bag and it looks like it was made for the Hyper. It doesn't "bolt down", but the integration is very nice and attaches well with the included velcro straps.

Here's HyperMotard21's recent post and pictures of the bag mounted on a Hyper.
I really like how this tail bag looks. Goes really well with the Hyper.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have that bag too actually, but it won't fit a laptop (or even an ipad unfortunately). The integration and setup is absolutely awesome though.

I'm going to experiment with a hard pelican type case too. May need a front strap though, depending on size. As always will post results...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts