Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3381 - 3398 of 3398 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Love that under tail exhaust...if only Ducati would have made the 2019 in white! :frown2:

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
980 Posts
Went on a nice Saturday morning back road ride with my dad who rode his Rocket lll.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here's to hoping the trend doesn't last too awfully long. Ya never know anymore though. Kinda like the trend in hairstyles lately with that silly looking ~peak~ along the center of the skull. Reminds me of the Sleestak aliens from the old 1970s Saturday morning TV show called "Land of the lost". Hopefully that hairstyle and painted tires/rims will both fade to black sooner than later.

:laugh:
The painted rims has been a Alpina thing for a lot of years. In fact they have a trademark on it.

Warp9 aftermarket supermoto rims tried coming to market with a 50/50 color combo and Alpina lawyers shut them down with a cease and desist.

Nothing is stopping end users from painting their rims themselves but interestingly you won't find any for sale from the factory aside from Alpina. Alpina rims are VERY expensive and they are happy to send lawyers to protect their brand.

·
Registered
431 Posts
This is why I would really appreciate REAL front fender. At least "Fusso" wax seems to work fine.
Been there! I use SC1 and the nasty stuff seems to just wash right off

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been there! I use SC1 and the nasty stuff seems to just wash right off
Fairings are easy to wash because of the wax. Actually the rain washed them :D But the engine and oil cooler are pain in the a** to clean.

With Hyper and dualsport tires, I can choose the routes but not the weather :(

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
So a quick check says, Alpina doesnt make wheels for the Hyper but Jonich does............and yes, they are $3200 of spoked coolness.........

Many options but, no half paint like the Alpina, they paint or anodize them longitudinally. Check out the site and get yer drool on......

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is why I would really appreciate REAL front fender. At least "Fusso" wax seems to work fine.
Obviously better rear fender would nice too :D Because of the Termignoni Slip-ons there is no longer that little "mud flap". I did know that it would throw more dirt and deeper but did`n t really realise how messy it would be. Well winter arrives soon and then I have the time to develop new attachments and put that flap back.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went on a nice Saturday morning back road ride with my dad who rode his Rocket lll.

its amazing how far the hypers have changed

A couple pics from work.
looks beautiful, i just feel like there is something missing.

Favorite angle....
looks beautiful, i like those turt signals tucked away

it looks much better with the 939 style subframe.
i disagree, 950 looks more updated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice weather for a ride on the Mountain Loop Highway outside of Granite Falls, Washington (state). Stayed off the forest service roads on this bike though. Still waiting for my KTM 790r Adventure to arrive for that.
Beautiful!!! just order the full Termi system! How do you like the sound compared over stock? running db killers or no?

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
980 Posts
Cool bike, cool dog! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked this up and took it to the track the next day. Dragged the kickstand on some curbing and the pegs in lots of corners that kinda spooked me. Was hard to get the front loaded on the brakes with the amount of engine braking and stiff fork springs for my lightweight. Easy to ride and not tiring like my racebike. Super fun to rip around on!
8E9328B2-C928-432D-8786-C4A036A41AA4.JPG

3381 - 3398 of 3398 Posts