Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after searching a couple of forums and other websites it seems that there is nothing available in the way of Ohlins forks for the Hyper? If anyone can show me if there is an Ohlins fork/option available I'd appreciate it.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I'm not sure in the stock size however Ohlins is making a cartridge kit for the S forks, they are just waiting on the caps to get in and then they'll be shipping product. Sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Overall though I'm sure if you call Ohlins in NC they'll be able to tell you what forks will be a direct swap.

·
Registered
625 Posts
if you feel like spending a chunk of cash, andreani.com sells ohlins forks with triples.

·
Registered
625 Posts
andreanigroup.com is the correct website.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know Omnia Racing in Italy used to stock the Ohlins forks for the Hyper. Drop Anthony at Desmoworks a PM, believe he can get them as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hattar motorsports just got one of the prototype ohlins cartrige kits for the marzocchi forks. The cartriges should be available in the next couple of weeks after some refinement. Michael the service manager is the guy to talk to if your interested.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I know Omnia Racing in Italy used to stock the Ohlins forks for the Hyper. Drop Anthony at Desmoworks a PM, believe he can get them as well.
Thanks, we actually can get some AMAZING kits from NCR with beautiful triples, NCR billet fork bottoms and Ohlins. Same as they use on their Leggera! An easy bolt on kit :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Thanks, we actually can get some AMAZING kits from NCR with beautiful triples, NCR billet fork bottoms and Ohlins. Same as they use on their Leggera! An easy bolt on kit :)
pricing? and don't hit me with that "if you have to ask" crap.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Nice

What is the cost? I think going Race Tech route is around $1,300 before any install or setup costs.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Triples (adjustable offset): $1,820
NCR/Ohlins 46mm: $3,094
NCR Fork bottoms (108mm): $1,235

MSRP: $6,149
If bought as a kit: $5,495

To use stock calipers you'd just need the forks and the triples @ $4,600

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've always admired NCR products and for some reason I'm glad companies like
that exist, but wow, it is amazing how easily you can double and triple the price spent
on these bikes with the right assortment of high-end mods. :eek:

I see companies like NCR serving a purpose, to push the state-of-the-art in
cost-no-object engineering. Kinda like NASA, or Ferrari, for that matter, creating
new ideas that might eventually trickle down to more mass-produced (and less
costly) machinery, so what seems exotic today becomes commonly available
in the future. I suppose it's all relative-- still meet a number of people who
find the Hypermotard itself to be exotic, even without any pricey add-ons.
Maybe that's why Ducati put such a small gas tank on the HM... every time
you stop for gas, it's another chance for random encounters with curious
onlookers.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I've always admired NCR products and for some reason I'm glad companies like
that exist, but wow, it is amazing how easily you can double and triple the price spent
on these bikes with the right assortment of high-end mods. :eek:
We are building a bike for a customer now and he's tripled the price of the bike already (he has a 1098R) :eek:

So yeah, you are definitely correct... it is easy to double or triple the price of the bike with aftermarket parts!

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really appreciate all the input and links so far guys.

So while I'm on the subject of suspension, is the stock Ohlins up to the task or is better to go exotica like TTX or the like? :)

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's the task?
It'll just be canyon carving Mongo, but I'm not afraid to spend a bit of moola on extra quality even if it may seem excessive to the task for some :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I think a properly sprung rear shock (stock ohlins) is fine for street riding and even some track. The rear of my HYMS wasn't bad on the track - more issues with the front!

TTX of course has benefits, but they won't be missed in most situations on the street IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts