Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. newbie here from Malaysia.. i've got the bike 2 weeks ago and it's been a blast.. however, last week i wanted to setup my suspension fit for my weight, but when i check the front forks, it didn't behave as how i think it should be. I shook the forks up and down and do zip-tie test where i wrap it around one side of the fork to mark the initial position, and when i lift the handle up and release, i thought the upper cylinder would land real close to the zip-tie, but ended up about 1" above it, this is all done with the bike sitting up-right with no rider sitting, front and rear tire on the ground..

I might post a picture later to show you guys what i meant, but looks like something might be stuck in the forks??? any of you has the same issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy New Ducati!

I think what you're referring to is "Suspension Sag"

My advice is to check the owners manual to be sure all the suspension adjustments are set to baseline. This way you know that you have a known starting point.

Here is a video that describes how to check sag:

Be sure to get some friends to help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happy New Ducati!

I think what you're referring to is "Suspension Sag"

My advice is to check the owners manual to be sure all the suspension adjustments are set to baseline. This way you know that you have a known starting point.

Here is a video that describes how to check sag:

Be sure to get some friends to help!
Thanks Doug.. i haven't made any changes on the forks setting. It's as it is from i got the bike from my dealer and it's a new bike. I believe its already in its baseline setting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh, my brother! It's beautiful that you have such trust and faith in the factory and dealer. LOL!

I've been at this 30 years, 10 of those at a Ducati dealer.

Like I said, my advice is that you check everything to spec and properly set the sag with you on the bike.

How else can you make sure it's proper?

Your dealer can help if necessary. The owners manual describes the process of adjusting spring pre-load front and rear. Pretty straight-forward, but you'll need tools and an assistant to help measure.

Your new Hyper will relish the attention and you'll have a better handling bike, suited just for you!

;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bumping this as I wasn't able to find it.

Could someone possibly take a photo of their factory manual for the factory settings? My dealer gave me a Monster manual instead of a hyper manual and id like to get this thing setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts