Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Hypermotard 950 Mapping - Decat with Stock Exhaust

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  xlenduroman 
#1 ·
Anyone out there have decat with stock exhaust and T800+ UpMap? I just installed the arrow decat last weekend, removed O2 sensors and remapped using "OEM exhaust and de-cat" (H950 19 OEM N). My experience so far:

The bad:
-Very rough cold idle (lopey), engine dies occasionally
-Fuel mileage appears 10mpg lower than before. May be too early to tell, but I'm getting about 31mpg city driving
-Low end grunt seems less than stock

The good:
-Ducati QS works smoother
-Pulls like a raped ape in high RPMs
-Sounds good-quite a bit louder, especially at high RPM

Any recommendations on a different map to use? I know in older threads, folks were using the Termignoni full exhaust, no baffle and were having good luck. But since that thread, Termignoni came out with the stock exhaust/de-cat map which matches my setup. Thanks!

#2 ·
Well, since no one's giving me any advice, last Saturday I purchased and flashed the H950 19 D187 FR (Termignoni full racing exhaust with db-killer removed). I've been commuting all week and it runs well, but I can tell it's running too rich. The exhaust stinks at intersections and my clothes smell at work for hours. Also, this map did not solve the problem I was having with poor idle when cold. I'll probably switch back to the H950 19 OEM N map tonight. If I'm not happy with that, I'll put the cat & O2 sensors back on and return to stock. So far, stock configuration has been the best running, less stinky setup.

#5 ·
Hi @vmxice I’ve just came across your thread.
I have Hypermotard 821 SP with full termis and T800 UpMap.
I updated the D133FR that disables the O2 sensors. By the time I uploaded the new map I was lazy enough to not remove the sensors. So I left them there (I didn’t have the M12 plugs as well).
Last week I decided to tackle the work and removed both O2 sensors. The result? The idle was rough as you described. Otherwise the bike ran great. Only the idle was fluctuating a lot.
Decided to put back the O2 sensors and now the bike idles normal.
What’s the point of disabling the O2 sensors of they are still needed?
No CEL lights and no errors when I removed them, just rough idle…

#6 ·
Interesting. My hyper idles fine when warm, but idles like shit cold. It did not do that with the stock setup. I wonder if reinstalling the O2 sensors would make a difference?? Maybe I'll try if I get bored.

Side note, my previous Hyper was the 2013 821sp with full Termi exhaust. It had the racing Termi map flashed at the dealer. No O2 sensors and it idled fine.

#9 ·
This is what they responded me:
"Hello,
calibration office tell me that sensor must keep connected, they are working on map update, when there is update, app show update dialog."

Hmm, so they advertise a mapping that disable the O2/lambda sensors but you must keep them installed?
I fact their mapping just disables the CEL light, but it seems that the engine still works in closed loop in idle...
I've tested it with two different mappings. Both says the lambda sensors are disabled and the engine idles terrible with both of them if the O2 sensors are removed.

#12 ·
I have not touched the evap system. I read the other string. Are you saying that removing or disabling the evap system fixed idle issues and stalling? I don't really have idle issues anymore. My Hyper will stall occasionally at low speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.