Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hypermotard 950
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have decat with stock exhaust and T800+ UpMap? I just installed the arrow decat last weekend, removed O2 sensors and remapped using "OEM exhaust and de-cat" (H950 19 OEM N). My experience so far:

The bad:
-Very rough cold idle (lopey), engine dies occasionally
-Fuel mileage appears 10mpg lower than before. May be too early to tell, but I'm getting about 31mpg city driving
-Low end grunt seems less than stock

The good:
-Ducati QS works smoother
-Pulls like a raped ape in high RPMs
-Sounds good-quite a bit louder, especially at high RPM

Any recommendations on a different map to use? I know in older threads, folks were using the Termignoni full exhaust, no baffle and were having good luck. But since that thread, Termignoni came out with the stock exhaust/de-cat map which matches my setup. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Hypermotard 950
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, since no one's giving me any advice, last Saturday I purchased and flashed the H950 19 D187 FR (Termignoni full racing exhaust with db-killer removed). I've been commuting all week and it runs well, but I can tell it's running too rich. The exhaust stinks at intersections and my clothes smell at work for hours. Also, this map did not solve the problem I was having with poor idle when cold. I'll probably switch back to the H950 19 OEM N map tonight. If I'm not happy with that, I'll put the cat & O2 sensors back on and return to stock. So far, stock configuration has been the best running, less stinky setup.

·
Registered
2020 Hypermotard 950
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cat's job is to burn up non-combusted hydrocarbons, aka the smell. Even running stoichiometrically lean, there'll still be an odor without a cat.
Agreed. Just not as substantial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts